Blue screen on Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 1718

AMILO Desktop L, AMILO Desktop P, AMILO Desktop S

Moderator: ModTeam

1956rob
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 1718

Blue screen on Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 1718

Postby 1956rob » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:34

Goodmorning Everyone,

Years ago I bought a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 1718 laptop pc. It runs on Windows Vista - yes I know. The problems to get on a wireless network, extensively described were all avoided by buying a dongle with which I could access the internet for several years.....until it failed. The laptop crashed, showed a plain blue screen and that was that. It took some effort to find that the cause was: Accessing the internet. When started the laptop everything was fine, but the moment I inserted the wifi dongle a blue screen and e crash was the result.

With the aid of someone I managed to get the internal Atheros going. It even started up automatically on laptop start up. But the blue screen phenomenon remaind. Trying to connect to the internet results in a blue screen. The only thing that changed from using a wifi dongle is, that now the laptop did an auto reboot. And again, and again. Funny thing though is, tah when I boot in safe mode access tot the internet is no problem, which seems to point to some software conflict somewhere.
I already had a quick look in the system logs, but they are very extensive and I can't easily seem to distinguish the valid from the non-valid information, which, in turn, brought me here.

Is there anyone out there that recognises the problem and has been able to solve it? If there is that person is he or she willing to share that solution with me, so that I can, after seven years, fully enjoy the potential of my laptop?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I upgraed the BIOS to V1.9

Return to “AMILO Desktop”