operating system not found

Postby rcsanchezbarroso » Wed Jul 28, 2010 18:03

Hi geniuses,

This is the scenario:
- Amilo Pi1505
- HDD SATA 120 GB with two partitions

- After deciding to format the HDD because of the error:
STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x0000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

I realised that the Windows installer CD did not recognise the SATA HDD. It hasn’t got the drivers for this HDD (amazing).

Well, I connected the HDD to my desktop PC through a USB 2.0 to SATA cable to install the o.s. Everything went apparently ‘fine’ but after formatting and copying all the necessary windows files to the now external HDD and rebooting it didn’t work.

I tried to continue with the installation in the laptop by putting the HDD back in it, but when I started I obtain a message “operating system not found”.

Next step, I tried to fixmbr or fixboot from the windows recovery console of my desktop (correct device mapping and so), by connecting the HDD externally using the converter. But nothing improves. In my laptop, once the “operating system not found” appears I cannot even boot from CV.
The laptop BIOS recognises the HDD when it is plugged in. And when it is connected to my desktop I can see the two partitions and the files that contains.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
R

rcsanchezbarroso
Product(s): AMILO Pi 1505

Re: operating system not found

Postby rcsanchezbarroso » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:10

Sorry guys, wrong forum.

Return to “AMILO Desktop”