Amilo M1437G graphics card replaced sucessfully

AMILO Desktop L, AMILO Desktop P, AMILO Desktop S

Moderator: ModTeam

bob-g8bff
Product(s): amilo m1437g

Amilo M1437G graphics card replaced sucessfully

Postby bob-g8bff » Sun Apr 25, 2010 17:13

I recently replaced the faulty Radeon Mobility ATI X700 graphics card in my 5 year old M1437G and thought I would share the information.

The replacement card is a nVidia GeForce 8600M GT 512MB DDR2 MXM II VGA Card, with ACER BIOS. The new card did not have heatsink mountings so I also purchased a matching mounting plate. I also had to remove a small section of the heatsink as a component on the new card prevented the heatsink seating correctly.

Before re fitting the heatsink, I cleaned the fan and air vents, removed the original thermal pads and applied silver loaded heatsink paste to the CPU, GPU and memory chips.

On first powering up the laptop, it booted into Windows XP without any video problems but the video card was seen as a generic card in device manager. I have since downloaded and installed the correct nVidea drivers and all is still OK.

Adsonasa
Product(s): amilo 1437g

Re: Amilo M1437G graphics card replaced sucessfully

Postby Adsonasa » Wed Jun 01, 2011 20:57

I'm looking to do the same.
How's the upgrade performing any probs?
I have found the card easily on eBay. Could you let me know where you found a matching mounting plate?

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

bob-g8bff
Product(s): amilo m1437g

Re: Amilo M1437G graphics card replaced sucessfully

Postby bob-g8bff » Thu Jun 02, 2011 0:49

The Laptop is still working OK over twelve months now since I did the mod. The only minor problem I had was part of the heatsink had to be removed to allow the new graphics card to seat properly. I can't remember the suppliers details but it was on ebay and I beieve it was a German company.

Return to “AMILO Desktop”