ntkrnlpa.exe corrupt or missing

AMILO Desktop L, AMILO Desktop P, AMILO Desktop S

Moderator: ModTeam

stuartygr
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 2735

ntkrnlpa.exe corrupt or missing

Postby stuartygr » Thu Mar 18, 2010 20:58

Hi all, here's the situation after hours of different repair methods i was getting the error "File: \windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe". Firstly I created recovery disks for the sysystem for an identical make and model of laptop only to find out that I get the error "File: \boot\BCD" please repair using installation disk(s). I used the WinRE console ISO from M$ and used the command prompt to repair the vista boot using the repair commands to edit the boot loader. All was successful but when I restarted the laptop it came up with the error "File: \windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe" was missing or corrupt. I then connected the hard disk to my desktop pc to which I could access all files and folders. I coppied the file ntkrnlpa.exe for an identical laptop but for some reason it still shows this file to be missing or corrupt.

When I explore the hard disk now I have a new partition showing WinRE and all the recovery files. All I am looking to do is try to access the data partition to restore to factory defaults but I am unable to do so as I am unable to access and even the F8 etc isn't functioning to enter safe mode or system recovery.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Return to “AMILO Desktop”