[L7300] wireless problem - can't see network? and no CD's

AMILO Desktop L, AMILO Desktop P, AMILO Desktop S

Moderator: ModTeam

overthehill
Product(s): Amilo L7300

[L7300] wireless problem - can't see network? and no CD's

Postby overthehill » Sun Jan 25, 2009 15:02

I have repaired a broken Amilo L7300 laptop, and have so far managed to get everything working except the wireless. I understand I need some software called odyssey or something? I have no discs for this machine and can't seem to find it on the main website, can anyone help? also is there an easy way to get wireless working without odyssey?

overthehill
Product(s): Amilo L7300

Re: L7300 wireless problem - can't see network? and no CD's

Postby overthehill » Sun Jan 25, 2009 23:03

Ok, I solved this myself :mrgreen:

For anybody else who comes across this problem, make sure you have downloaded and installed all the drivers from the main website EXCEPT the wireless one. If you have already installed it, go to the control panel and remove it (you may have to go into device manager and uninstall that way) either way you should have no wireless link icon in your toolbar.

Next, go to Ralinks website, (providing you are using windows)

http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Windows.html

My model uses the Ralink 2500 module and its on that page, as PCI/mPCI/CB (RT2500)

download and install.

make sure your wireless light is on (CTRL F2) and then run the Ralink utility, go to "Advanced" and choose your country region code - in my case (UK) I found the default would not work, but after I changed it to Ch6 MKK1(TELEC), ch1-14 it worked :shock:

Return to “AMILO Desktop”