[Pi 3645] Refuses to boot

AMILO Desktop L, AMILO Desktop P, AMILO Desktop S

Moderator: ModTeam

Jerriy
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens AMILO desktop Pi 3645

[Pi 3645] Refuses to boot

Postby Jerriy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:46

To whom it may concern

My brand new desktop (Pi 3645)is not getting turned on when I press the switch at the front. It refuses to boot-up when I press the front switch:

This is what happenes:
- The Switch lights-up - the "neon" brand name lightes-up too
- The fan starts rolling
- The mouse lights-up, then...

... nothing! The screen remains blank. The PC goes quiet. And unlike the mouse the keyboard won't light up. But then, after I flip the power-switch on and off a few times then suddenly it begins booting-up and loading Windows (Vista home premium). Then I log on and go about my business on the PC (everything goes seemingly normal). Then I turn off the computer.

The next day? Same thing all over again. What's going on?

Jerriy

Re: Brand New AMILO Refuses To Turn On And Boot Up Windows

Postby Jerriy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 15:11

It happened now again - Well what's going on?

It does seem to work normally once it is turned on. Even when I execute a "restart" order (instead of a "shutdown") It restarts normally.

But not if it shutdown...

Jerriy

Postby Jerriy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:37

Merry Christmas Fujitsu-Siemens! (optimistically assuming that F-S guys, especially those of who can understand english actually exist :mrgreen: )

Steely
Product(s): Amilo Pi 3645

Postby Steely » Tue Jan 13, 2009 16:29

Hi,
I purchased the same PC mid december and have had exactly the same problems. I returned it to the vendor who tell me that the PC was defect. Still waitng for a replacement! hope that this is not a known problem with these PCs because I cannot find the same PC anywhere else here in Norway, even the vendor has stopped selling it. Good luck with yours.

tobbebajs
Product(s): Amilo P "something"
And a TFT screen, cant remember name

Re: [Pi 3645] Refuses to boot

Postby tobbebajs » Thu Jan 15, 2009 21:59

Same problem for me and my brother, i have the 3645 and he has the 3630, I bought mine December 12th and the problem started the 14th. He bought it the 15th and he got the problem the 16th. And my other brothers girlfriend bought the same one as me a week and a half after me and has not had any problems yet. So we are a couple people who have the exact same problem. I went back to the store 12th January, where i bought it and they sent it to service. It must be a known problem right? because when we went back to the same store to with my brother, the computer that i bought (3645) was not there anymore, removed from site and from the store. So he bought the 3630. I checked back on the website like a week later and saw that they had stopped selling the 3630 aswell. A little odd i think.

IF any Fujitsu Siemens support workers check these forums, you might wanna tell us what might be the problem? Has to be a manufactural problem.

Thanks.

isopait
Product(s): amilo dektop pi3645

Postby isopait » Sat Jan 31, 2009 22:55

hi boys

I have found out about the problem, I had the same problem with my pi 3645, some times it wants to boot and most times not, it wants to not read the operating system, after a whole lot of experiments I thought that it's Seagate 1 Terabyt (TB) the hdd that is something crazy with and a thing more, it was for repair news got a hdd in (of course the same seagate 1t hdd) I bought new western digital hdd 500 gb installed the operating system on it, and since then I have never had boot problem

and the last thing i will write here, the 1 tb and 1.5 tb seagate have freezing and boot problem, there are a new firmware updates to the bad firmware seagate hdd.

sorry for my bad english :)

the best regards and luck
Ismail

bumpycat
Product(s): Fujitsu Amilo Pa 3415

Postby bumpycat » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:40

I had a similar problem with an Amilo Pa 3415. It basically comes down to a hardware problem somewhere - in my case, a faulty RAM module.

I diagnosed by disconnecting everything from the motherboard in turn, and trying to boot until I succeeded. First was hard drive and DVD drive; then graphics card (I added a separate NVidia card); then each RAM module in turn. It turned out to be the second RAM module that was faulty. With that bit removed, the machine booted normally. :D

Return to “AMILO Desktop”