No USB/PS2 keyboard at boot, Scaleo P524, lot of problems

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

Scaleobroken
Product(s): Scaleo p524 pi cf52402 Ga-85649mf

No USB/PS2 keyboard at boot, Scaleo P524, lot of problems

Postby Scaleobroken » Thu Dec 13, 2012 22:25

Hello,

I have a fujitsu scaleo P 524 (P4 3ghz, 1GB, Radeon X1650, 250HDD, motherboard Gigabyte) since 2006 and i must say that i had a problem with it every month.

The system is totally unstable, lot of crashes, blue screen of death (errors) at boot just before accessing windows, etc. I reinstalled it often, updated the drivers, removed the dust, etc. But it was still unstable. After having checked the boards, i've seen it's pretty commonly seen on this model.

But last year it was worse. The computer crashed, then prevented me to boot, blue screen error 1 sec before arriving on windows, with a lot of different messages, IRQ conflicts, USB drivers problems, etc.
I wanted to reinstall it, but impossible. No keyboards are recognized, i can't press a key to boot on the windows CD when i'm prompted to.

I tried every USB ports, two different USB keyboards including the fujitsu one, and also a PS2 keyboard. With the latter i managed to access the BIOS, tried different setting, returned to the factory default, but nothing worked, i wasn't able to push a button after the BIOS screen disappeared.

I used another PC until now but it's less powerful than this one so i want to repair it. I tried also a Clear CMOS by removing the battery for a long time, pushing the power button, etc. I managed to enter XP just 2 minutes, before another crash. I tried another CD drive, etc, and again to reinstall it, but still this absence of keyboards at boot.

And to crown this, the PC burned a controller chip of the Sata HDD where i had important data. I'll try to resolve this problem after and point fujitsu to their responsibilities even if i guess my PC isn't under warrantee anymore.

But for my first problem, how do i fix it ? How do make it work, how do i make my keyboards recognized and usable ? I have an IDE HDD so i'll try to repair the windows installation on it to not lost my data but installing the fujitsu computer on it (as it's also rebooting plugged as it is, as expected as the rig where this IDE HDD was installed is different). Do you think it could be that the chip controlling the I/O peripherals like USB and PS2 ports is burned ?

Thanks

Scaleobroken
Product(s): Scaleo p524 pi cf52402 Ga-85649mf

Re: No USB/PS2 keyboard at boot, Scaleo P524, lot of problem

Postby Scaleobroken » Sat Dec 15, 2012 13:17

Please i really need help

Return to “SCALEO”