Lost sound at rear jack plugs

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

Lee
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2664 Desktop

Lost sound at rear jack plugs

Postby Lee » Fri Apr 13, 2012 17:56

I have replaced my graphics card and now I have no sound to the rear jack plug sockets (I have a Pi2664) On the old card there were some wires coming from the graphics card and plugged into the motherboard near to the rear jack plug socket unit. Can this connection be anything to do with it?

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Lost sound at rear jack plugs

Postby sabrex » Thu Apr 19, 2012 13:38

i think it was a NVIDIA 8600GS with 512 MB dedicated video RAM that shipped with that - i dont know what lead to motherboard your talking about though. There may be a lead running from front to the motherboard (normaly yellow header) + yellow base with pins sticking up. Which is your front audio connector. (F Audio)
FAudio.jpg
FAudio.jpg (12.14 KiB) Viewed 8689 times

what is more likely is its a realtek setup and the ports have been switched via the realtek manager panel.
What happens when you plug the speaker lead into the green socket ? A realtek box should open up. If you selct 5.1 surround or a surround setup you suddenly find your coloured slots have all been swapped around to in out middle rear left rear right !!!

realtek manager.jpg
realtek manager.jpg (27.15 KiB) Viewed 8671 times

Lee
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2664 Desktop

Re: Lost sound at rear jack plugs

Postby Lee » Wed Oct 31, 2012 13:43

Hi Sabrex
Yes the realtek setup had changed. Now back up and running. Sorry for late reply.

Return to “SCALEO”