Yet another keyboard problem...

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

Homey
Product(s): Scaleo E

Yet another keyboard problem...

Postby Homey » Sun Dec 11, 2011 18:56

After struggling with the horrendous touchball on the keyboard for years, my young daughter removed the bezel ring on the rollerball and promptly lost it! After a few days of chasing the ball across the floor every 15 mins, the ball also got lost.
I went to Maplins and got one of their mini keyboards:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/mini-keyboard-with-touchpad-for-media-centre-517250

The damned thing was really unreliable and would stop working every 30 seconds. I called Maplins and they said that I should remove the old old keyboard drivers first and then install the new drivers. Problem is that the IR and the old keyboard can't seem to be turned off / uninstalled for long and just re-installs itself at every boot.

I'd really like to get a better keyboard so can anyone suggest one or knows of one that will work as a replacement to the existing one?
Also, is there someway to turn / disable off the IR so the new kbd will work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, right now we have a bunch of stuff on the Scaleo and no way to watch anything...

Homey
Product(s): Scaleo E

Re: Yet another keyboard problem...

Postby Homey » Thu Dec 15, 2011 16:48

I returned the keyboard and replaced it with a decent one from Novatech and it's all working fine. It probably makes sense to disable the onboard IR but to be honest I can't be bothered as it all seems to be working now!

Return to “SCALEO”