IXL
Product(s): Scaleo E
3 Gig RAM - DDR 400 - 184 PIN - CL3
Product - P4M-915GD1-LF
OS - MS W7 32Bit Pro.

Upgrade PSU requried for my Scaleo E

Postby IXL » Tue Mar 08, 2011 16:31

Hi everyone...

I've upgraded my gfx card on my Scaleo E to give it a bit more performance for the HD movies I have, ( it wasnt driver related before you ask ) as the onboard one did not have the connection I needed for my TV. This is all sorted and fine, However, at the same time or after a few days I noticed that my on-off blue switch light has started to flicker about, so im wondering if my power supply is either on its way out or if the gfx card is pulling too much power for it to run properly. The system itself is running perfectly fine though.

So im interested in upgrading the PSU for it, to perhaps a 350w, or there abouts from the standard 250w. ( which in my view is very low, or a minimum )

Can anyone advise of a suitable like for like physical replacement, that might carry more power?

I have I think, one of the later releases, from Maplin nearly 18 months ago or so...

Scaleo E
Product - P4M-915GD1-LF

Any help would be appreciated.

IXL

PS, On a side note, Does anyone have any suggestions for a HD TV card?

IXL
Product - P4M-915GD1-LF
OS - MS W7 32Bit Pro.

Re: Upgrade PSU requried for my Scaleo E

Postby IXL » Tue Mar 15, 2011 21:56

Damn... I am very supprised knowone has any suggestions :( Is everyone saying who has a Scaleo E has never had to replace the PSU? :(

IXL
Product - P4M-915GD1-LF
OS - MS W7 32Bit Pro.

Postby IXL » Wed Mar 23, 2011 13:43

Looks like I might have to ditch the whole kit, even though it all works and is in fantastic condition, I cant get a power supply for it. The PSU I have now has completely failed.

Just so anyone who is in this same boat as me, I even contacted Delta Electronics, with all the specs who actually make the PSU, and there response was that they cannot sell to individuals, there contracted only to named brands. Maplin, who I purchased the Scaleo E from, no longer sell the systems and "appolgise for any inconvienience".

So Im doomed it seems.

I think next time I buy a HTPC, I will ensure it can adopt a ATX or simular PSU.

IXL :cry:

johny media

Postby johny media » Sun Apr 29, 2012 16:04

This might sound a bit whacky... but I did actually think of using a more powerfull suppply that won't fit in the machine, but could be located nearby with the wires running in - you could do it quite neatly, and even site it where the noise won't be a problem - plus you could have a very powerfull graphics card then - the sort that needs power on a seperate cable and not via the pci connector.
I didn't bother in the end, just fitted the best graphics card it would take (a late 8400gs - the late ones are apparently quite different to eaarly models).

Return to “SCALEO”