Install second hard drive

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

kjdean

Postby kjdean » Tue Oct 26, 2010 20:48

Hello. I have a Scaleo Pa and would like to install a second hard drive but im not sure how to attach it in the case.Do I need special brackets or does it slide in. How do I fix it inside. See pic for my PC
Thanks for any help.
Attachments
IMG_0133.JPG
IMG_0133.JPG (1.1 MiB) Viewed 8568 times

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Re: Install second hard drive

Postby me@work » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:00

O-M-G... :mrgreen:

Only the first disk can be installed with the plastic brackets. Other HDDs need to be fixed with screws.
You have to take out the hard disk cage (the metal piece that already carries the first disk), slide in the new disk to the free area of this cage (above the first disk), fix the second disk with four screws through holes in the metal cage (two of them are marked with "1" in the picture below), insert the disk cage again, and add the required connection (marked "2" in the pic below, it it's a SATA disk) and power cables.

That's it.
Aufzeichnen99.JPG
Aufzeichnen99.JPG (64.96 KiB) Viewed 8563 times

kjdean

Postby kjdean » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:33

Hello. Thanks for the help. It's now installed without any problems. I didn't have to take out the enclosing cage but I had to remove the front face cover of the PC to get at the screw holes.That was easy. PC recognized the new hard disk and now it's formatting. Yes,my PC is a bit of a mess with cables and i'm hoping to find some other solution for them apart from buying a new case.Thanks- Keith

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Postby me@work » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:51

That's good news.
And I hope it worked the same way with the other graphics adapter installed... :mrgreen:
After reviewing your posting in the German part of the board, I couldn't understand why you were able to replace the power supply unit and the graphics card, but failed to find a way to add a second disk... 8)

kjdean

Postby kjdean » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:58

Yes well. Just thought it needed some extra bracket like the one installed with the first hard drive. A bit of panic there. :lol:

thedudeabides67
Product(s): Scaleo P

Postby thedudeabides67 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 20:53

kjdean wrote:Hello. Thanks for the help. It's now installed without any problems. I didn't have to take out the enclosing cage but I had to remove the front face cover of the PC to get at the screw holes.That was easy. PC recognized the new hard disk and now it's formatting. Yes,my PC is a bit of a mess with cables and i'm hoping to find some other solution for them apart from buying a new case.Thanks- Keith

Hi there

I wish to install a second drive to my Scaleo P. How did you manage to reach the screw holes from the front of the case? Does your PC have a second SATA power adaptor?

Many thanks

kjdean

Postby kjdean » Tue Dec 14, 2010 23:23

Hello. It was very easy. From the outside of the case you will see the entry points for two of the screws on the right side as the other member indicates in the picture. the other 2 screws one fixes from inside on left in picture. i connected the SATA power to my Power supply unit.hope this helps. it was all very easy.
Attachments
IMG_171.JPG
Upgrade Scaleo P
IMG_171.JPG (1020.1 KiB) Viewed 8409 times

kjdean

Postby kjdean » Tue Dec 14, 2010 23:32

sorry forgot to mention that you have to first remove the front covering panel on the PC to get at the screw holes!. Its secured by 4 small clips and comes off easily.
Attachments
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0173.JPG (754.91 KiB) Viewed 8408 times

thedudeabides67
Product(s): Scaleo P

Postby thedudeabides67 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 20:48

Thank you for the reply.

I notice that you have a different power supply to the one in my case. Did you fit the power supply? If yes, what size units fit this case (I think you case is the same as mine).

How are you cooling your CPU (I have a fan which uses a paper to channel the heat out of the case)?

Many thanks.

kjdean

Postby kjdean » Fri Dec 17, 2010 21:21

Hello. I installed the BeQuite Dark Power Pro 450 Watt myself. It fits good but there's not alot of space left over for the other cables. Still it is a great improvement over the stock PSU. A good Power Unit with cable management.Measurements: B x H x T 150 x 87 x 180

http://www.be-quiet.net/be-quiet.net/in ... iteLang=en

I replaced the stock CPU cooling with Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 - Pro PWM. It fits great and works good. The air flows to the back of the case.
http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.c ... cleID=1895

Hope this helps. Keith

Return to “SCALEO”