Scaleo T - access to Bios

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

marsh uk
Product(s): Scaleo T

Scaleo T - access to Bios

Postby marsh uk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 17:31

After a number of years of Bios access when required without any problem the following is now occurring

Accessing the Bios at startup using the 'del' key (no passwards installed) the Bios displays are curtailed after 30 seconds.

In fact the machine virtually shuts down (screen and keyboard switch off) although the Start button remains lit.

By pressing the start button machine will then go to a total shut down which corresponds with desired action as set up in power management

OPS is XP Windows Home upgrade to Service Pack 3

Any advice would be appreciated

Anthony.G
Product(s): Scaleo T MUFI

Re: Scaleo T - access to Bios

Postby Anthony.G » Wed Dec 09, 2009 16:06

Hi there,

Does the machine start up and run normally, or is this just a problem with accessing BIOS ?

Scaleo T's are good machines but prone to overheating - there are many threads on this topic in the forum.
Have you experienced any problems that might be linked to overheating ?
Scaleo T MUFI MBATX/P4 3.2 PSC M/Board D1625-C32

marsh uk
Product(s): Scaleo T

Re: Scaleo T - access to Bios

Postby marsh uk » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:17

Hello Anthony - Thanks for your reply to my post

> Re BIOS problem

This fault as previously described only occurs when accessing the Bios program by use of the delete key during start-up , otherwise a normal start-up occurs without any problem.

> Over-Heating of Fujitsu machines

I was certainly aware of the over-heating problems you spoke of which started occurring after about one year from date of purchase. I complained on a quite a number of occasions under warranty during the next 18 months about this matter, and other clearly related issues such as numerous dreaded Blue screen scenario's and a noisy hard drive.

Eventually Fujitsu arranged a download of some System Interrogation Software which confirmed that the Hard Drive was faulty and most certainly the result of the Over-Heating.

A few weeks before the faulty drive was established I found some Freeware called HD tune on the Net which amongst other useful tools provided a constant Temperature review as an icon in the notification area at the bottom of the screen.

The faulty drive would climb to around 75 deg.C and by removing the side panel you could only get it to hold at no lower than around 68/70 degrees.

The replacement drive was a Seagate and had the effect of putting everything in good order and has been in operation for 3 years plus now with no further issues and normally runs up to a temperature of around 45/50 degrees during the Winter and around 50/55 in the Summer

The onIy other hardware issue I have incurred after more than 5 years since purchase has been to replace a Graphics Card which also had an over-heated problem due I believe to the collapse of a very flimsy ATI fan attached to the board and not man enough for the job.

Whether the actual board is still useable I do not know since I have not been able to locate a replacement fan that will fit onto the board to cool the central processor.

If you or anyone has some input on where to obtain a suitable fan it would be much appreciated

Regards

Return to “SCALEO”