Evi 2535 BIOS update - how do I boot from CD-R?

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

noogle1
Product(s): Scaleo E / Win 7

Evi 2535 BIOS update - how do I boot from CD-R?

Postby noogle1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 21:06

Hi -
I'm trying to install a BIOS update on my EVi 2535 but I can't get the system to boot from the CD-ROM drive. How do I get in to the BIOS setup screen to change the boot order? I've tried pressing the "Del" key at boot time but only get into a screen about memory tests... Help!
Chris

Title: Biosupdate for Scaleo EV ISO-Image
Date: 06.06.2007
Size: 2,1 MB
Version: IKB14 IKB14 IKB14
Manufacturer: Fujitsu Siemens Computers
Installation description: - burn BIOS-CD and reboot your system from this disc
- BIOS updates starts automatically, follow screen instructions
- Attention: BIOS updates runs in two steps - a reboot es required to finish second step
Do not interfere!!
- disconnect unit at least 10sec. from power

s_mario
Product(s): AMC 370
AMC 530
Scaleo E P4 670 2GB 500GB HD2600Pro

Re: Evi 2535 BIOS update - how do I boot from CD-R?

Postby s_mario » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:14

The "Del" or "Entf" Key should be ok.

Try it without CD in Drive and disconnected HD.

But take care:
viewtopic.php?p=121524#p121524
May be you will lost your MAC-Address during the update.

http://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/forum/vi ... 3c7#p95525

noogle1

Postby noogle1 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 19:22

Thanks. I'm trying to fix the "reset doesn't work - fans stay on at re-boot" PSU/motherboard interaction problem and read somewhere that a new BIOS would fix it. Will let you know how I get on...

noogle1

Postby noogle1 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 20:43

No - still can't get the system to boot off CD-R - the "Del" and "Enter" keys just open up the Windows Safe Mode screen, not the BIOS setup. Will have to open the case and disconnect the HDD... :(
Actually, I think one of the fixes the new BIOS enables is to allow users to rearrange the boot drive order. How ironic.

johny media
Product(s): Scaleo E

Postby johny media » Sat Jan 30, 2010 0:56

this might be a bit late but if it is any help, I recently needed to boot from the dvd drive. All I had to do was press F2 as instructed on the start up screen, this took me into the bios where I was easily able to set the first boot device as dvd (or cdrom as I think it was called). After that, the machine started up by looking for the cd in the drive but said it couldn't find the disc - even though I heard the drive spinning up and a bit of shuffling around going on. I decided, without much hope really, to try the jumper on the back of the dvd drive in a different setting, I think I put it to master and hey prest it booted ok from cd (it actually asks you to press any key to boot from cd, if you dont it will look to the hard drive at least in my case as an old copy of the operating system was still on there). I already knew about jumpers, but what surprised me was that even when I could hear the drive being accessed, without the right jumper setting it failed.

Return to “SCALEO”