SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

rsbrux
Product(s): SCALEO E /P4 524/BB SCALEO E
3072 MB RAM, 1500 GB HD
Club ATI Radeon 3450

How to troubleshoot wireless keyboard?

Postby rsbrux » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:31

After 2 months of flawless performance, my RF keyboard suddenly stopped working today. It was working fine one morning, but in the afternoon (and thereafter), nothing!
The batteries tested OK, and new batteries also didn't improve the situation.
Pressing the "connect" buttons in the sequence indicated (first on Scaleo E, then on keyboard) doesn't seem to do anything.
Rebooting doesn't help either.
I even restored a backup image of the system partition from a time when the keyboard was working, in case it was a software problem.
None of these efforts has born fruit.
Obviously, I could just replace the keyboard with a 3d party product, but I like the form factor of the original keyboard and I don't have any free USB ports left.
At a minimum I would like to determine whether the problem lies in the keyboard itself or in the RF interface, which is built into the Scaleo E.
Who has encountered a similar problem and/or has an idea what the cause might be?
How can I figure out which of the two components is at fault?
If it comes down to replacing one or both, what replacement(s) would other users recommend and where could I obtain them?
TIA for any tips!
SCALEO E /P4 524/BB SCALEO E
3072 MB RAM, 1500 GB HD
Club ATI Radeon 3450

rsbrux
Product(s): SCALEO E /P4 524/BB SCALEO E
3072 MB RAM, 1500 GB HD
Club ATI Radeon 3450

Re: How to troubleshoot wireless keyboard?

Postby rsbrux » Tue Jul 12, 2011 21:17

The problem seems to have been a faulty connection to the RF transceiver card behind the front panel. After disassembling the front panel, disconnecting the RF interface, reconnecting it and reassembling the front panel, the keyboard is working again.
SCALEO E /P4 524/BB SCALEO E
3072 MB RAM, 1500 GB HD
Club ATI Radeon 3450

Return to “SCALEO”