How to open Scaleo "P" system case/tower.

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

Scaleowag
Product(s): Scaleo P

How to open Scaleo "P" system case/tower.

Postby Scaleowag » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:31

Hello,
This is my first post!
Please forgive my ignorance but I am new to Fujitsu computers and would be most grateful for information on how to open the case to "air dust" the inside The computer still has the factory seal on the back and is 18 months old.I am used to "side opening cases" but with this one (as the case is in one piece)it appears that it must slide backwards.If this is correct, which screws do I have to undo and are there any further precautions I need to take as I slide it backwards? (i.e any cables or other parts to avoid damage) I have tried self help but:-
(1) There was only a very sketchy manual with the computer and none are available to download from the Fujitsu web site.(are they available elsewhere?)
(2) I have e-mailed Fujitsu Support but received a reply that did not have any connection with the question that I asked.(very strange!)
(3) I have also searched this forum but to no avail re Scaleo "P" case opening.
The computer is running just fine at present with no sign of overheating.
Please can someone help as it must be quite dusty in there by now.Thanks in anticipation of your kind help.

Scaleowag
Product(s): Scaleo P

Re: How to open Scaleo "P" system case/tower.

Postby Scaleowag » Wed Oct 28, 2009 0:21

To save someone the time in replying to my question I am pleased to say that" Fujitsu Support" have now replied with the desired information which is as follows :-
"to remove the system case you need to first remove four screws on the back of the case(two on each side) and then slide the complete case backwards and lift it off."
I hope this information will be of help to others unfamiliar with Fujitsu's ways.
Remember to take the usual precautions against" static electricity" damaging your system by wearing an anti-static wrist band properly earthed.

Johnny4seasons

Re: How to open Scaleo "P" system case/tower.

Postby Johnny4seasons » Sun Aug 08, 2010 13:34

The point in case being that nearly all manufacturers use this system for ATX Full Towers (cases). You didn't find the desired information as your search question was too specific.

Return to “SCALEO”