Scaleo 600 memory upgrade problem

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

LeCramIII
Product(s): Scaleo 600

Scaleo 600 memory upgrade problem

Postby LeCramIII » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:45

Hi,

My wife has a Scaleo 600 (model NS30-FS) with 1/2 Gb of mem installed. The motherboard has two memoryslots. When I install 2 x 1 gb of memory I keep getting y'olde BSOD. However, BIOS says everything is OK. The 2 gb's can be seen there. After having rebooted a thousand times I found that XP will either not start at all; OR run for a few minutes before dying, OR I can run it in safe mode which will postpone the kill only a few minutes longer. After removing one of the cards the machine runs just fine, regardless which slot I use. But the machine should be capable of running on 2 gigs of mem. BSOD suggests that I upgrade my BIOS, but on entering my SN on your supportpage no new BIOS shows up. And I don't think that that's the real problem. :roll:
Suggestions, anybody?

ADAMSKI

Re: Scaleo 600 memory upgrade problem

Postby ADAMSKI » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:50

Hi.
I have had this problem myself,it appears that f.s machines require low density memory
as opposed to the cheaper high density modules which are flooding the market.

I managed to get mine to work eventually by reinstalling windows with the memory in place.

P.S.
F.S. used different motherboards in their SCALEO machines,try installing everest to get the make and model and post again

LeCramIII
Product(s): Scaleo 600

Postby LeCramIII » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:23

Thanx for the advice, although I already came up with the same idea myself. I was hoping that somebody would know a way around re-installing. Anyway, I installed Everest and this is what it came up with:
Manufacturer: DFI Products
Model: DFI NS30-FS

The links to their website Everest provided don't work.
Thanx again and perhaps the info provided may help.

Ironside
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens computer

Postby Ironside » Sun May 09, 2010 17:02

Have you had any luck with your problem?funnily enough, I've got the same computer, got it back in 2002 and I have been contemplating upgrading the memory. I already upgraded it a few years ago to 1 MB per need to upgrade it even more. However, I'm not going to waste my money if it's not going to work. I Have often used a program called Belarc adviser , this will give you an audit of your computer and even tell you where you can get upgrades, I believe I actually use this to find out where I could get RAM for the 600. Anyway, if you picked this message up and have sorted your problem, please let me know as I would like to do the same thing

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Postby bubblegum » Sun May 09, 2010 22:22

Crucial online scanner
Use anti virus, backup your data, use google.
POST BACK EVEN IF THE HELP DOESN'T HELP.

A Thank You would be nice if I have helped.

UK MP's are thieving scumbags

Return to “SCALEO”