[Pi 2512] doesn't boot - BIOS postcode 55h

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

divyrider
Product(s): SCALEO Pi 2512

[Pi 2512] doesn't boot - BIOS postcode 55h

Postby divyrider » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:47

Symptoms: the system "hangs" when it starts up, no video on the screen, no beeps... the processor fan and the HD fan are activated, but nothing else is happening...

So I did the following:

-I checked the Power Supply: all voltages were within specification.
-I disconnected all unnecesary devices (usb, ide, sata....)
-I tried to boot with each time only 1 of both 1GB modules to exclude the possibility of faulty SDRAM. Both memory modules faulty at the same time, that would be too much of a coincidence....
-Removing both memory modules resulted in a repetion of a long beep. Removing the videocard didn't result in a beepcode.
-I inserted a postcode analyzer board, it displayed postcode 0x55. So I concluded that at least the processor is OK (it's a duo2 core E4300) because it's doing something during start up...
-Finally I replaced the motherboard with a brand new MSI-7293 V2.0 ... Processor, power supply and memory are the original devices.

Unfortunately the result is exactly the same!! The system is not starting up, no beeps, and a postcode 55h.

Somewhere I found some information about this postcode (I think its a Phoenix Award BIOS) :

"55h: Display number of processors (multi-processor platform)"

So my question is: what to do next, is the processor to be replaced?? Thanks for any ideas!

divyrider
Product(s): SCALEO Pi 2512

Re: [Pi 2512] doesn't boot - BIOS postcode 55h

Postby divyrider » Tue Oct 13, 2009 21:44

The videocard (ASUS Geforce 7500LE 512MB) was faulty.... It was not detected in the bios. When the system sees no videcard, it gives a postcode 55h. Unfortunately this bios gives no beep(s) to indicate a missing videocard.

Return to “SCALEO”