PC suddenly turns off on the middle of work

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

Zhora_Kust
Product(s): Scaleo P, GA-8I848PM, 1GB RAM (update)

PC suddenly turns off on the middle of work

Postby Zhora_Kust » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:27

Hello.
I have got Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo P.
The motherboard/BIOS is 8I848PM FS F2. A couple month ago I upgraded RAM from 512 MB to 1 GB.
Also, my knowledge about computer systems are very limited.
The problem I have with this PC is the following. It suddenly freezes when it is used. No matter whether it is connected to the Internet or not, it freezes in about 3 minutes time after Windows starts.
I have searched several internet forums and have found out that it can be because of the following reasons:
1. Processor over heat
2. Problems with the power supply, and
3. Problems with BIOS.
If for the first two options I have some knowledge of how to eliminate the problem, for the third one, which relates to BIOS, for me it is the area of unknown.
Anyway, I have change the compound on the processor and now the processor's temperature is 49-51 degrees C. I have checked the power supply and it seems to be OK. I am pretty sure about it.
Therefore, I have decided that the problem can be caused by faulty BIOS. I have reseted BIOS. Pressing DEL at the PC's start up I enter menu, I press F8 and enter new menu where pressing ESC I reset BIOS to the manufacturer's status. It did not have any effects.
After this, I reinstalled Windows. I had problems with it, because during the reinstall computer could suddenly turn off. However, eventually, I have reinstalled Windows without any interruptions.
However, now computer freezes on the middle as I have described above.
I found out that by updating or recovering BIOS I can eliminate this problem. I have downloaded from your website BIOS update for my motherboard, but it is an ISO file and, in order to update BIOS, I have to create a bootable CD. I did it using Nero 7, but to be honest, I do not know how to use it. All what I have on the screen during the re-boot is that keyboard is not found and the PC awaits for a floppy or for a system disk. I tried to do it in both positions of the BIOS jumper - recovery position and normal one. It did not bring any results.
I will appreciate if someone could explain me what is the problem and could help me solve it.

Return to “SCALEO”