[P] Lost Recovery Disk

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

robt
Product(s): Scaleo P 3601

[P] Lost Recovery Disk

Postby robt » Thu Sep 03, 2009 21:41

Where can I get a recovery disc for my Scaleo P, I need both discs: Product Recovery and Drivers & Utilities? I am having no luck through the Siemens Recovery Website, as it does not recognise my serial number. The pc is 4 years old, so it has Windows XP.

Any offers?

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Re: [P] Lost Recovery Disk

Postby bubblegum » Tue Sep 08, 2009 22:34

In the past I have copied xp disks for free.

One, I asked for a couple of quid in a sae, which he/she did, another, although I asked for £2, sent me a fiver.

One, guy out in Hong Kong, I used ftp to send him an iso image of the disk. At least I learnt a bit about ftp.

One, I just asked her to send me a self stamped addressed envelope with a blank cd & I would make the copy & send it back. She was in Hong Kong & her friend sent me a blank DVD, but expected me to pay postage.

Eventually, I sent a copy back in the sae she provided.

The best one, I said I would sell him an original xp pro, disk. I think we agreed £20. He seemed genuine enough, so I said I would send it to him, & trust him to send me the money later.

He then got back to me & said it didn't work. That may have been the case, he said he would send it back plus a fiver for my trouble. He said he was out of work. Eventually, after several weeks, I received the disk, but no fiver.
I suppose that was ok, but I was out of pocket for the postage, it wasn't much, 80p. But I still feel conned, I suspect he made himself a copy.
Use anti virus, backup your data, use google.
POST BACK EVEN IF THE HELP DOESN'T HELP.

A Thank You would be nice if I have helped.

UK MP's are thieving scumbags

Beetlebum
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz / 1024MB / 320GB / DVDRW / WinXP Home

Postby Beetlebum » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:37

I have the drivers and utilities disc but not the recovery disc. I will let you know if I find a replacement as I see there are some copies out there, at least according to google. Apparently fujitsu will send you a replacement but as the UK helpline is 60p/minute I am very reluctant to get in touch. Perhaps the mods here can find out for us what Fujistu's policy is regarding replacement recovery discs?

bubblegum

Postby bubblegum » Sun Oct 11, 2009 20:48

After Beetlebum posted, I contacted him privately.

Even after my rant, I copied a recovery disk, & posted it to him. We agreed if it worked he would send me £5, if it didn't just £1 to cover the postage.

Well, I have sent a couple of private messages, he still hasn't replied.

Well, I feel like a sucker. :oops:

scalped
Product(s): SCALEP-P

Postby scalped » Wed Nov 04, 2009 19:55

Hi,ok firstly i have both disks but only the recovery disk works,the drivers & utility's disk does not however,so when i put any disk in the tray it doesnt read it or says there is no disk in drive,i'm not computer literate at all,i'm guessing i need the driver & utility disk???
Also i cant find a thing on this site to help me out so some good,friendly advice would be muchly appreciated.
P.s....My driver disk is beyond scratched for some reason,this is why it will not work.

bubblegum

Postby bubblegum » Wed Nov 04, 2009 20:05

Go to the downloads page

http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/ ... loads.html

to download the drivers. most important are chipset & network card.

Also, you could try to copy the scratched disk using roadkills unstoppable copier.

http://www.roadkil.net/listing.php?Category=1

scalped
Product(s): SCALEP-P

Postby scalped » Wed Nov 04, 2009 22:18

Ok,thanks for the speedy response,i will try that right away and let you know how far i get :) :o

Return to “SCALEO”