FUJITSU SIEMENS SCALEO P And RAM

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

TKS79
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P

FUJITSU SIEMENS SCALEO P And RAM

Postby TKS79 » Tue May 26, 2009 20:32

Hello. Does Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P support with it's originally MotherBoard somehow DDR2 1066MHZ 2GB Memory sticks?
I Tried to change these memory cards to our DeskTop, but somehow now system cannot see Operating System, Mouse or even Monitor at all.
Is there some sort of restrictions which memory it supports.. Probably to use these memory sticks I need to change whole Motherboard..
These Memory sticks are made by A Data (Extreme Edition) DDR2 1066+.... Or could for example updating Bios Help on this issue? :?:

Beetlebum
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz / 1024MB / 320GB / DVDRW / WinXP Home

Re: FUJITSU SIEMENS SCALEO P And RAM

Postby Beetlebum » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:41

It is limited to 3gigs RAM overall. To check what you can use try Everst Ultimate Edition to tell you about what expansion capacity you have on your motherboard. I have put in 2X1gigs to take my total up to 3 and it is working fine.

Claws
Product(s): scaleo pa 2662

Postby Claws » Wed Oct 14, 2009 15:37

Yes..i did that as well...
was working for a year... then suddenly it whouldnt boot at all.
I can just use 1 dimm (1x1gig) for it to work.
If i use 2 dimms (2x1gig)...it works for 10 min, and then freezes.

Claws
Product(s): scaleo pa 2662

Postby Claws » Thu Oct 15, 2009 18:31

great! This post have got 400 views and only 2 posts...
No one seems to have an idë how to solve this dual channel ram issue.

Is it possible to downgrade the bios ? seems to me that worked better!
And for the "Everst Ultimate Edition".. good program.. shows me

BIOS versjon AMD690VM-FMH V5.13 03/14/2008

and when i go to esupport.com to scan my bios version with biosagentplus...
It tells me AMD690VM-FMH V5.13 = BAD BIOS VERsion!

So what is the better ver.. ?

kpwaterloo
Product(s): Scaleo p
GA-81848PM

Postby kpwaterloo » Tue Nov 03, 2009 20:17

I also have a Saleo P (second-hand) with Motherboard GA-81848PM. Originally it had one memory module, a Samsung 512MB DDR PC2700. I needed to upgrade the memory and the technician at my local computer shop recommended a Kingston 1GB, which is; KVR400X72C3A/1G, so a 1GB PC3200 CL3 ECC 184-Pin DIMM, and now I have 1.5GB RAM which is recognised by my PC. I am going to get another Kingston 1GB to replace the Samsung so I'll have 2 of the same, giving me 2GB. I've also done the Crucial scan, 2 or 3 times, and each time it tells me I have three slots. But I know for a fact there's only two...I've been inside to install the Kingston.
I've also done the SiSoftware Sandra scan, the free trial download from sisoftware.com. It's much better and more comprehensive as it gives you a run-down of your PC, with Tips given at the end (it said I should use ECC/Parity Memory Modules). The only problem is that you can't directly print-off the results with the free scan, you have to save it to the 'clipboard', and then do a search for the Clipboard.
As for the F-Siemens web-site, it has not been very helpful. I want to upgrade the Motherboard, but need advice...looks like the local computer shop again!
Just one last thing, I'm not too sure if DDR2 are compatable with the Motherboard mentioned, the one I have, from what I can gleen from the, recommended book, 'Upgrading and Fixing a pc - In Easy Steps'.
Yours truly

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Postby bubblegum » Tue Nov 03, 2009 23:34

Use the crucial online scanner to check ram compatibility.

http://www.crucial.com/uk/?gclid=CPCo_q ... google_uk#
Use anti virus, backup your data, use google.
POST BACK EVEN IF THE HELP DOESN'T HELP.

A Thank You would be nice if I have helped.

UK MP's are thieving scumbags

lordhagar
Product(s): Scaleo

Postby lordhagar » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:44

I have same problem. I have 3 identical Fujitsu Scaleo L boxes with 512k RAM. I changed the RAM in one to 2 x 1k and used it for some time. Suddenly one day, it wouldn't boot. It would only boot if I took one RAM out. Then I tried to put the 2 1k RAM in one of the other PC's and the same happened. I assumed it was one of the RAM first, but when I tried different RAM modules I had (from the 3 SCALEO L boxes), I realised that it was not a faulty RAM. I used Microsofts RAM check CD and tried all of the RAM modules I had. All work if I have only one RAM inserted, sometimes 2 but would most of the time shut down after awhile with 2. So this is clearly a problem with the Fujitsu box somehow. I upgraded BIOS to latest, but no change. I see many posts on Internet from users having the same problems with Fujitsu Scaleo L boxes, so Fujitsu must be aware of this and there must vbe an explanation somewhere, but I haven't found it. Anyone know more about this?

My box has serial YSIC022442 and has 4 memory slots. The MB has HT2000 printed on it.

Return to “SCALEO”