Intermittent total startup failure.

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

OUTATIME
Product(s): Scaleo E

Intermittent total startup failure.

Postby OUTATIME » Sun Apr 19, 2009 23:32

For the last few weeks now I've been experiencing a maddening, catastrophic intermittent fault with my Scaleo E.

Whenever I try to start the PC up, the light comes on, as does the front panel, the fans all come on, and the HDD powers up, but nothing happens past that; it just sits there forever on a blank black screen. If I restart and restart the computer repeatedly sometimes it will get to the Fujitsu Semens boot-screen and hang there, but I usually have to restart a dozen times to get it to go that far.

On the rare occasion it does get past that screen it can hang when Windows is loading, when the little progress bar is scrolling left to right.

When, after MANY repeated attempts, it *does* actually start up and Windows gets running, it seems to be fine. Once or twice it froze during Windows after running for a while, but that's rare. It's as if once Windows gets up and running it's fine (usually). I've had it on for a couple of days without incident, but as soon as I shut down/hibernate/restart it all begins again.

I think this could be a problem regarding the post screen?

I've reset the BIOS to defaults, checked all the hardware and connections, and I'm quite frankly at a total loss.

It started off hanging on start up once every few times, but then seemed to get sicker over the course of a week or so, to the point where I have to spend 20mins trying to convince it to start up every time.

I just can't imagine what's going wrong here... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

nigekw
Product(s): SCALEO E

Re: Intermittent total startup failure.

Postby nigekw » Wed May 13, 2009 14:20

Hi! Just to say that I have exactly the same problem and it's driving me crazy. Have you found a cause of the problem yet? Many thanks for any help.

OUTATIME

Postby OUTATIME » Tue May 19, 2009 20:31

Still no solutions, Sir.

But it is nice to know I'm not the only victim...

Tried removing/replacing everything I can. No change.

Driving me up a f%^&%^g tree.

jonsson

Postby jonsson » Fri Dec 25, 2009 22:30

I am experiencing the exact same phenomena. It startup and the windowsbar is showing and then it loses connection to the screen.

I tried to startup on the rollback cd as well, but it seems to startup on the harddrive and then the screen dissappears on me. After that the dvd starts but I cannot see a thing on the screen.

I suspect that it is the graphic card which are messed up.

Did any of you two solve this problem in the meantime ?

johny media

Postby johny media » Tue Mar 30, 2010 19:07

I'm having a similar problem. Sometimes the unit starts a bit and then repeatedly does long beeps - looking on the internet it says this is most likely the bios "morse code" for telling you the memory is faulty. Having reseated the memory, tried it in different slots, I am at a stage now where the thing comes on - you can hear the hard drive, the scaleo logo comes on the front display and the blue light is on, but can't get anything on screen - not even bios! It just sits there quietly. I will be buying a new 1gb ram and trying that, will post results.

Return to “SCALEO”