Scaleo E Drivers

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

TheCat
Product(s): Scaleo

Scaleo E Drivers

Postby TheCat » Sat Mar 28, 2009 14:58

Bought my Scaleo e from Maplins..Finally got Vista working by booting from SATA drive(new unformatted drive)then CD kicked in and found drive(250Gig)..But can't get Keyboard working,having to use USB Keyboard and Mouse..Remote works in Media Center..Don't have a serial sticker on box so can't download drivers ect..Could I get a IR Blaster and connect to the 2 ports on the rear of the Scaleo..

V-Max2xs
Product(s): SCALEO E

Re: Scaleo E Drivers

Postby V-Max2xs » Sat Mar 28, 2009 19:17

Hi,

I was initially stuck with the same problem, it ended up as operator error...

I just needed to press the hidden CONNECT button behind the front flip down cover and then the connect key on the keyboard.

Try-it, It might just be that easy. (reading the manual showed me the light Doh!)

Cheers
V-max

TheCat

Postby TheCat » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:46

Tried that..I'll change the batteries and try that,also the sleep button is not working which is next to connect..Got two error flags in Device manager under multimedia with the Description: Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website. The hardware ID of your device is ACPI\AWY0001.This might be a driver for the Asus board and am going to try a driver I downloaded...One point though anyone know which board this is as I've looked for a model number and found nothing..If I can't get wireless keyboard to work can I buy something that plugs into the IR blaster ports on the back..

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
Architecture: x86
Hardware Id: ACPI\AWY0001
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

en4rab
Product(s): Scaleo E

Postby en4rab » Sun Mar 29, 2009 13:05

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=37363&start=30#p121986

You can find a link to the microsoft awaymode installer in that post, you must be running XP media center 2005 SP2 or better for it to install.

TheCat

Postby TheCat » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:26

Change of batteries didnt get keyboard to work....Running Vista Premium...Tried it on LCD nothing coming through Scart had to use s cable,though when I pressed top right button on remote power button flashed green and Sky looped through the TV and Aux scarts and could watch Sky through the TV as normal would like to do this through the Scaleo..Is it worth soldiering on with this or should I try to get my money back....Anyone got there Maplins Scaleo E fully up and running ie recording TV......Hav'n't tried to connect to the internet yet.. :?:

en4rab
Product(s): Scaleo E

Postby en4rab » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:38

Vista messes up the keyboard with the wrong USB drivers, see this thread for info and work around:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=37570

Return to “SCALEO”