Graphics card compatibility?

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

malcbay
Product(s): Scaleo E Media Centre

Re: Graphics card compatibility?

Postby malcbay » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:39

Guys,

I also installed a Gigabyte HD 4350 512MB GDDR2 graphics card in my Scaleo E. Works well with excellent video and audio output to my Sony 40" LCD, over HDMI.
However annoying issue yet to resolve is that if TV is switched off or even to another input (ie not HDMI) when I turn the TV on or go back to HDMI the video output from Scaleo is there still, but I have lost audio. Restarting Scaleo fixes.

Any bright ideas?

Cheers,
Malcolm

mollymg
Product(s): Scaleo E

Postby mollymg » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:48

Hi to all.

I have recently bought a Scaleo E Barebones system.

The System works well and gives no issues etc. The onboard graphics gives me 1360*768 on a Hitachi LCD Tv through VGA connection.

I recently bought a ATI HD 2400 PRO PCI-E 256Mb Low Profile Video Card to install into the machine. I fitted the card into the slot where the previous card was and connected the system through DVI to HDMI to the TV.
Unfortunately there is no signal. If I reconnect the main VGA on the back of the Scaleo with the new card in place I have no signal either. (the new card gets warm)

If I take the card out and put the original riser back in I can connect DVI to HDMI although poor resolution and the onboard VGA works again.

Am I missing something out with the new card. One thought was is the power supply strong enough.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

OUTATIME

Postby OUTATIME » Mon May 25, 2009 19:24

Any luck with your problem Mollymg?

landbdavies

Postby landbdavies » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:54

Any luck with your problem Mollymg. I have exactly the same issue. Trying to install a Sapphire ATI HD4550.
mollymg wrote:Hi to all.

I have recently bought a Scaleo E Barebones system.

The System works well and gives no issues etc. The onboard graphics gives me 1360*768 on a Hitachi LCD Tv through VGA connection.

I recently bought a ATI HD 2400 PRO PCI-E 256Mb Low Profile Video Card to install into the machine. I fitted the card into the slot where the previous card was and connected the system through DVI to HDMI to the TV.
Unfortunately there is no signal. If I reconnect the main VGA on the back of the Scaleo with the new card in place I have no signal either. (the new card gets warm)

If I take the card out and put the original riser back in I can connect DVI to HDMI although poor resolution and the onboard VGA works again.

Am I missing something out with the new card. One thought was is the power supply strong enough.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

mollymg

Postby mollymg » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:50

Hi Outatime

No I havent had any success with the graphics card. The card was bought from E-Bay and the guy whos sold it has been fantastic. One option is that the power supply is not strong enough to drive the pc and the card.

If you get it resolved it would be good to know how you did it.

cheers

Homey

Postby Homey » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:59

OK, so if I get a GeForce 8400 GS for my Scaleo E, can I use it's VGA out - I'm using a TV with a VGA in (I dont have HDMI). I found the GeForce 8400 GS for £32 so it's pretty tempting!

Return to “SCALEO”