[E] P4 CPU UPGRADE

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

Johna222
Product(s): Scaleo E P4

[E] P4 CPU UPGRADE

Postby Johna222 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 13:11

HI

I have a Scaleo E P4 3.0GHz, I want to upgrade the CPU and add a Blue ray drive.

Can I upgrade the CPU and what CPU's are compatible? I cannot find a MB manual.

Also will this system play Blueray Media?

Thanks

Howard Long
Product(s): Scaleo E

Re: [E] P4 CPU UPGRADE

Postby Howard Long » Mon Mar 09, 2009 15:16

A very late reply, but in case it's of use I have just purchased a Scaleo E that Maplin currently has rebadged (code A99JH) on sale for £150 that includes a Celeron 346 3.06GHz CPU and 1GB RAM. It also includes a wireless keyboard/mouse and a remote control. Even the batteries for the keyboard and remote control are included. All that is missing is an OS, hard disk and optical drive.

I added a PATA 500GB disk and a SATA LG Blu-Ray burner GGW-L20L. The OS I installed was Vista Ultimate.

I have tried PowerDVD 9 ultra, WinDVD 9 and Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre. As it stood, none of these worked well enough to use it for Blu-ray: either the players crashed or the frame rate was unuseable.

After some investigation I installed a ATI HD4550 graphics card (Maplin A34JF, £50). Although it's a low profile PCI-E x16 card it also needs a low profile blanking plate (Maplin A05HA, £4) that I'm awaiting. Blu-rays now works absolutely perfectly in PowerDVD 9 ultra with less than 50% CPU. Interestingly there is still not enough grunt to run either Arcsoft TMT or WinDVD 9, with both these players using up all the CPU.

For the record, the only problems I have are that I can't get the remote to work and for some reason the keyboard sometimes goes potty, rapidly repeating the last key pressed. A normal USB keyboard works fine. Also the eject button for the LG Blu-ray player doesn't quite line up.

Cheers, Howard

biotronik
Product(s): scaleo e

Postby biotronik » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:00

Hi,

Here is an upgraded configuration of Scaleo E wich plays bluray without any problems. Follow the link please

http://www.it-helpline.co.uk/index.php? ... &Itemid=20

Regards,

s_mario
Product(s): AMC 370
AMC 530
Scaleo E P4 670 2GB 500GB HD2600Pro

Postby s_mario » Fri Jun 26, 2009 21:03

biotronik wrote:Hi,

Here is an upgraded configuration of Scaleo E wich plays bluray without any problems. Follow the link please

http://www.it-helpline.co.uk/index.php? ... &Itemid=20

Regards,

Perhaps you would like to post the full spec including model numbers of parts used and also what modifications you carried out.

biotronik
Product(s): scaleo e

Postby biotronik » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:39

Return to “SCALEO”