[Xi] Refuses to power up

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

kotten
Product(s): Scaleo X

Re: [Xi] Refuses to power up

Postby kotten » Thu Aug 27, 2009 19:57

I have'nt had this problem for some time but it just resurfaced.
I turned the can over on its side (Scaleo X) and removed the fan cover over the processor. Then I turned it on and it started its silly turn on/turn off again. I noticed that both the graphics card fan and the processor fan was starting just to stop again.
Then i grabbed the processor fans connector to the motherboard and immediately I heard the fan speed up completely although it immediately stopped again. This on and off stopped as well. I then turned the computer on as normal, on the button on the front and it started. :-)

Of course I can not promise anything but when/if it happens again I know where I will check first. Must be some bad connection in this connector.

danjel

Postby danjel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 18:10

I have the same problem. Has anyone solved this problem yet? Tried Kottens fix, but it did not work.

visoflex

Postby visoflex » Fri Jan 08, 2010 17:33

So, certainly Fujitsu-Siemens certainly reads these forums, but do not bother to post anything. I'm tired of this very expensive computer. Now it just sits in a shelf because it's to expensive to just throw away. This company won't be on my list next time I go shopping for computers.

uhylin
Product(s): scaleo x

Postby uhylin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 23:28

POSSIBLE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM!

OK, so I also experienced the same problem with my Scaleo X. But the first thing that happended a year ago was that the fan was running at very high speed all the time and the computer got very hot. The heat came from the power supply unit, which actually is a little weak (I think it was 450 W), and I tried to clean away the dust and put the computer in a more ventilated space, but it kept on heating up. I suspected a failure in the power supply unit so I bought a new one (650 W) and after I had exchanged the units the computer is cool and quiet. Everythings alright... but then the problem began. Just the same as described by everyone else here, the computer refused to power up, blue lights flashing, fan motor running for some seconds and then starting over. The symptoms indicates a bad connection somewhere. I checked all connections on the motherboard but they all were in place. After a while I disconnected everyone of them and put them back, and when I disconnected the main power cable to the motherboard it was obviously loose. This is the 20-or 24-pin connector in the end of the biggest cable from the power supply unit, the socket is vertical and to the right on the motherboard when looking into the standing computer. The hook that keeps the connector in place did not grab under the edge as it is supposed to do and it was very hard to get it there. Probably I missed this when I changed the power supply. But anyway - this main power connector was loose, and after putting it back in its socket and really pressing hard with a pair of pliers to get the hook in place, the computer has been running without any problem.

Return to “SCALEO”