[P] Problem with starting up

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

Concerned
Product(s): Scaleo P

[P] Problem with starting up

Postby Concerned » Sun Aug 31, 2008 17:46

Hi there, I was wondering if anybody could help me with my problem.

I shut down as normal last night and when I turned on the PC this morning, the top DVD drive is flashing as if it wants to read a disc or eject and the bottom DVD drive is flashing once every approx 5 seconds. There is no bleeping noise coming from it and nothing comes up on the monitor. Both DVD drives will not eject but I have managed to eject them using the paper clip method but then they both shut and continue doing the flashing. I turn off and on and still the same, nothing on the monitor and the computer doesn't seem to be booting up.

Any help or advice would be truly grateful and thank you for taking the time in reading this.

Concerned
Product(s): Scaleo P

Re: [P] Problem with starting up

Postby Concerned » Sun Aug 31, 2008 20:34

Phew, fixed it myself. I opened the case and removed the DVD cable from the motherboard and switched on, it booted automatically. Switched off and put the cable back in to the motherboard and everything booted fine.

Have no idea what caused it though. :)

kotten
Product(s): Scaleo X

Re: [P] Problem with starting up

Postby kotten » Thu Aug 27, 2009 19:58

I have'nt had this problem for some time but it just resurfaced.
I turned the can over on its side (Scaleo X) and removed the fan cover over the processor. Then I turned it on and it started its silly turn on/turn off again. I noticed that both the graphics card fan and the processor fan was starting just to stop again.
Then i grabbed the processor fans connector to the motherboard and immediately I heard the fan speed up completely although it immediately stopped again. This on and off stopped as well. I then turned the computer on as normal, on the button on the front and it started. :-)

Of course I can not promise anything but when/if it happens again I know where I will check first. Must be some bad connection in this connector.

Return to “SCALEO”