SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

athegn

[Scaleo P] Speedfan identifying fans

Postby athegn » Sat May 05, 2007 18:47

I have a Scaleo P.

Under Speedfan there are 4 temps listed i.e TEMP 1,2 and 3 and HDD

Does anyone know what the 3 TEMPS are?

No. 1 seems the coolest and number 2 the hotest.

When I open the case there are three fans.

One large one over the CPU, one blowing across the HDDs and one in the power supply.

I guess that the Sys fan is the one across the HDDs; this runs all the time at about 2400rpm.

The CPU fan now comes on more as I have reduced the required CPU termperature in the BIOS.

I assume that the power supply fan has no sensor that Speedfan can read?

bigliam1970

Postby bigliam1970 » Sun May 06, 2007 14:23

Hi Athegn.

Speed fan will only detect two temp sensors on my Scaleo H, Temp 3 which is my CPU and HD0 which is my primary HDD.

I think I'm right in saying that the Gigabyte mobo in my machine doesn't have the sensors to be able to use the functionality of Speedfans Temp1 and Temp2 so they are pretty much redundant.

Which mobo does your machine have?

Temp1 registers on my machine as -55 degrees which is clearly not correct and Temp2 is -2 degrees, again, not correct. I have disabled these two temp reading using the 'configure' button in Speedfans main widow as these readings are clearly not needed.

The fan in the PSU does not normally have a sensor attatched to it, so forget speefan monitoring that one.

Depending on which CPU you have, reducing the desired temperature in the BIOS will increase fan speed, and hence, noise. It is perfectly normal, for example, for a P4 3.4 to run under load at around 75-80 degrees and idle at around 50 whereas my pentium D idles at around 36 and is no more than 55 under load (but that's because it has a slower clock speed of 2.8ghz).

Good luck my friend and have fun...

Big Liam :)

olshevch

Postby olshevch » Mon May 07, 2007 13:30

The only monitoring program, which identified and displayed temperatures for my Scaleo Pa 1519 (M2R-FVM), is Everest.

Return to “SCALEO”