[Scaleo P] Cann't burn DVD

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

nd-73

[Scaleo P] Cann't burn DVD

Postby nd-73 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 18:51

Hi,

I got a problem with my Scaleo P. I will get right to the point :-).
I cann't burn dvd's! I put my empty DVD-RW in the burner but. i dont know how, he didn't reconise the empty dvd's. I have try 3 different dvd (like Philips, Sony and a other brand) but none of them will be reconise. So i though the problem is the software, but it issn't. I try Nero, Alchohol 120% and Ashampoo. But none of them help!

So can you help me?
If you need further details please say it:-)

Mike_26

Postby Mike_26 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 22:14

Yes, the model of your DVD writer would help! Also, check for errors in your event log (go to control panel, administrative tools, event viewer, then click on system on the right hand side). That might give you some help. Otherwise it's likely that your DVD writer is faulty.

nd-73

Re:

Postby nd-73 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 16:02

Mike_26 wrote:Yes, the model of your DVD writer would help! Also, check for errors in your event log (go to control panel, administrative tools, event viewer, then click on system on the right hand side). That might give you some help. Otherwise it's likely that your DVD writer is faulty.

I just got the standard model of the Scaleo P. And i dont know how to vieuw it.

Er is een fout ontdekt op apparaat DeviceCdRom1 tijdens een wisselbestandsbewerking.

Zie Help en ondersteuning op http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp voor meer informatie.

(sorry for the dutch ;-))

So I transelate if for you.
There is a fault discoverd on DeviceCdRom1 while a wisselbestandbewerking.
fot further help see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp for more information.

If i push on that link. It say:
We're sorry
There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the links in the Support area to determine whether any additional information might be available elsewhere.

But i dont think is broke because is had never burn a dvd before. And this is a new Pc.

Mike_26

Postby Mike_26 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 17:38

You can find the model of your DVD writer by going to My Computer, right clicking on your DVD writer and clicking properties, then clicking on the hardware tab. It will tell you the model next to the picture of a CD.

I had a similar problem with my DVD writer and the mainboard had to be replaced as it was a controller error from the mainboard. If you could find out your mainboard model that would also be helpful. You can download Lavalys Everest and that will tell you.

(I don't think the translation has been exactly correct for the error!)

nd-73

Re:

Postby nd-73 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 17:47

Mike_26 wrote:You can find the model of your DVD writer by going to My Computer, right clicking on your DVD writer and clicking properties, then clicking on the hardware tab. It will tell you the model next to the picture of a CD.

I had a similar problem with my DVD writer and the mainboard had to be replaced as it was a controller error from the mainboard. If you could find out your mainboard model that would also be helpful. You can download Lavalys Everest and that will tell you.

(I don't think the translation has been exactly correct for the error!)

No, I try yo be a simular i can ;-).

Mike_26

Postby Mike_26 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 23:24

Hey, It appears you have 2 DVD Drives. Have you tried both of them? There have been a number of reports with problems from burning to/reading from DVDs from that LG DVD writer. I suggest you contact Fujitsu-Siemens and ask them about it as it appears to be faulty.

nd-73

Re:

Postby nd-73 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 21:32

Mike_26 wrote:Hey, It appears you have 2 DVD Drives. Have you tried both of them? There have been a number of reports with problems from burning to/reading from DVDs from that LG DVD writer. I suggest you contact Fujitsu-Siemens and ask them about it as it appears to be faulty.

I will. Do you got any idea how because this is the first time i got a wrong thing on/in something. So i got nog idea how i must do something like do;). But the strange part is that i can burn CD's correctly. the only thing whats wrong is that i cann't burn dvd's.

snailspace7

Postby snailspace7 » Tue May 15, 2007 15:37

I have a Scaleo P and had the same fault where the CD/DVD drive would not recognise when there was blank media inserted into the drive. I replaced the drive with a better quality model & have had no further problems. CD/DVD RW drives can be obtained very cheaply. An upgrade to a Sony only cost £30.
I hope to live forever, so far so good.

Return to “SCALEO”