[Scaleo P] P501 / FX5200 Graphics Card Problem

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

mikeylondon

[Scaleo P] P501 / FX5200 Graphics Card Problem

Postby mikeylondon » Mon Jan 15, 2007 18:08

Hi all
I've just upgraded my Scaleo P (D1740 motherboard) to a GeForce FX5200 graphics card. I have followed all advice regarding disabling the onboard graphics but am still having problems.

When I look in System Information/components/display it recognises the FX5200 card as being installed and the only option available, however adapter ram is showing as 0Mb...yep the display is actually worse now than when I started. I've downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers etc without success and am really stumped as to how to move forward. Any assistance you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Demokritos

Postby Demokritos » Mon Jan 15, 2007 19:03

I do not know what your problem is, but in my experience the latest drivers for an older graphics card are often a cause of trouble, and your card has been around on the market for several years, hasn't it? In fact, NVidia and ATI do not recommend upgrading to the latest drivers unless the ones in use are causing trouble, i.e. if you don't have trouble with older drivers you may get some with the latest. If I were in your shoes, I would uninstall the latest NVidia drivers and find the drivers which came out 6-12 months after the first release of your type of card on the market. These drivers should be tailored best to the features of your card.

Return to “SCALEO”