[Scaleo P] Still can’t get sound working

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

williamrobb88

[Scaleo P] Still can’t get sound working

Postby williamrobb88 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:40

Hi all

I have a Scaleo P. A couple of months back, the machine developed a fault with the HDD, so I had to change it. Not being able to find any recovery disks or original disks (this is the norm in our house), I decided to install a completely new operating system. Everything went fine, and I downloaded all the relevant drivers to a data key and then re-installed them on the machine. Nearly all drivers are installed now. However, there is still no sound, and this is backed up by Device manager showing an unknown device. So, my next step was to go back to the support site, and download the audio drivers to a temp folder on the desktop. I then unzipped these files, but they wont run. None of them are self extracting. I have tried going into device manager, uninstalling the device, then scan for hardware changes. Indeed, the machine says it has found a new device. I then try to Browse to the files I have just downloaded. Still no luck! I have tried running the programs themselves, but nothing happens when I click the icons to run the files. Any ideas??

olshevch

Postby olshevch » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:42

Could you tell, what type of files you downloaded? Or what extensions do they have?
Probably, they are archived (zipped) and you have to unpack (unzip) them first.

williamrobb88

I did unzip them!

Postby williamrobb88 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:54

Hi

Yes, I unzipped them to the desktop, and tried browsing to the files and also running them, but to no joy!

Cheers

olshevch

Postby olshevch » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:05

Could you tell, what is a name of your driver (soud card name/chip) and version?

I've downloaded one of FS sound driver packages and see several .inf files inside. These files contain descriptions of your hardware and Windows should select the appropriate driver configuration from one of these files. If you select 'Install from specific location' option on hardware installation wizard, pointing to the unpacked folder with all files from the driver package, and this still does not help (wizard says that any suitable drivers was found)... Then you are unlucky. I've seen some hardware (for ex.: Logitech Mouse), which cannot provide suitable description to OS for being recognized and installed.

Norway

Postby Norway » Fri Jan 12, 2007 0:11

Go into th new hardware device and choose update driver or something like that, select the program to look in downloaded drivers.

Or, se if you got any sound device innstalled under sound, try too update some of them if you have some. I think the new hardware its innstallng after yopu find the correct driver to some other sound equipment you already have.

N

Return to “SCALEO”