Scaleo e: S-video problem

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

deadslow

Scaleo e: S-video problem

Postby deadslow » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:20

My Scaleo e simply refuses to output an s-video signal in colour. I have tried a variety of cables and different connection methods using the graphics card and scart board, but only achieving good old black & white. I have been into the BIOS but the only relevant setting I can find is TV Format which is set to Pal-I (I have tried others which only succeed in shifting the screen about – still no colour).

The Intel driver settings make no reference to S-video at all. I cannot see how it can be a specifically TV issue as I now have the signal going via an IXOS Scart to s-video cable through my amplifier out to the TV and projector, both are b&w. I can only assume that the signal reaching the amp is not s-video.

I have tried Powerstrip, lowering resolutions, etc. I don’t know what else to try and I am tearing out what little hair I have left. The manual says the scart board will output composite, s-video and RGB but how does it know which?

Anybody able to help?
Scaleo e, Sony Str-da5200es, Xbox hd-dvd.

deadslow

Solved

Postby deadslow » Mon Aug 21, 2006 19:59

And the solution is: use cheap cables.

Instead of using nice expensive directional cables, just use cheap non-directional ones and the whole thing works like a dream.
Scaleo e, Sony Str-da5200es, Xbox hd-dvd.

Return to “SCALEO”