No Drivers and Utility CD

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

pastamik

No Drivers and Utility CD

Postby pastamik » Wed Dec 28, 2005 19:58

I bought my Scaleo L off display and Windows XP was already installed. Unfortunately the Drivers and Utility CD-ROM/DVD was not with the other installation discs. Can anyone tell me where I can get it/them or can I use a download for a recovery, I'm having a lot of PC and e-mail problems at the moment

liamsisk

Postby liamsisk » Fri Dec 30, 2005 16:47

My problem is similar. My T-Bird 733 packed in so I decided to go for a Scenic S 2 on eBay. It had no CD/DVD drive or installation CD/DVDs and had Windows 2000 pre-installed. I jerry-rigged a drive and installed Windows XP Home which I had purchased for the T-Bird. In Device Manager > Other Devices > Ethernet Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, USB Controller & Video Controller all have that hideous yellow Question Mark. I was able to cannibalise an ethernet card from the T-Bird but when I go online to Fujitsu-Siemens website to update drivers, my Internet Explorer freezes.

What should I do - where can I get the OEM installation disks???

SueCain

Postby SueCain » Fri Dec 30, 2005 19:19

I have exactly the same problem, had to restore my computer back to basics yesterday and left with no sound. Have posted on the software site probably wrong place but I am getting so frustrated now. Hope someone can come up with a solution. On the Fujitsu site it says the drivers are not available.
Cheers
Sue :roll:

liamsisk

Postby liamsisk » Fri Dec 30, 2005 20:19

Hi, SueCain. I take it you don't have the installation disks that came with your PC! What OS are you running? Do you use automatic update?
I had to switch back to Windows 2000 to regain the use of my video but the ethernet adaptor is still o/o/o. May be a hardware fault. The ethernet card I fitted works fine but I can't get the cover to fit on the Scenic (slimline) with it. Otherwise, I'm still working on the PC so let's see what I can come up with and I'll let you know.

Binary

Postby Binary » Fri Dec 30, 2005 21:46

When you buy a new PC then it should always be delivered with a Drivers & Utilities CD/DVD included. If that is not the case, then you should contact your local helpdesk and ask then to send you one. Don't wait too long before calling though.
If you have an older model, then you should be able to find drivers on this site: http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/support/downloads.html. When you enter your serial number it should find drivers for your system.
If that does not help, then you can search for a driver by entering (part of) its name in the Full Text Search, so you should try to find out what the specific component is.
If you are still unable to find anything, you might try posting your serial number and specify which driver you are looking for.

liamsisk

Postby liamsisk » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:39

The feedback from Binary is VERY helpful. In my case, I was already on track for the drivers but downloading the exact ones is very important as is the procedure for updating them. I have downloaded the LAN and Video drivers and they are working perfectly on my PC. I was thinking of comprising a detailed map of actions needed to do this in future. What do you think? Thanks again for your support, Binary.

Return to “SCALEO”