Product(s): AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 2.59 Ghz
2.00 GB RAM
Nvidia GT430 Video Card
Western Digital SATA 160 GB HDD
NEC IDE DVD R-RW
Windows XP SP3

Scaleo P splash screen freeze

Postby Rigel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59

I bought a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P that worked fine until It started freezing up at the Siemens splash screen. I tried removing everything (Sata HDD, IDE Writer, USB keyboard and such) but I encounter the same issue.

Yesterday it managed to boot correctly, so I quickly entered BIOS and removed the Siemens splash screen. So now I see that it freezes just BEFORE it has to identify my drives (SATA HDD, IDE Dvd-Wr, etc).

I looks to be random. I disconnect my drives and it still freezes at start-up instead of giving me a 'No drives detected' error or something like that. Keyboard is unresponsive. Today I simply restarted a few times and it finally starts correctly (it identifies my HDD and proceeds to load windows XP). Can anyone please help me out? :(

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 2.59 Ghz
2.00 GB RAM (4x 512 MB DDR2)
Onboard ATI Xpress
NEC IDE DVD R-RW
USB Mouse and Keyboard
Windows XP SP3

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Scaleo P splash screen freeze

Postby sabrex » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:29

Hi , Sounds like the motherboard is failing but that just based on your description and what you have done so far.

Rigel
2.00 GB RAM
Nvidia GT430 Video Card
NEC IDE DVD R-RW
Windows XP SP3

Postby Rigel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:10

Hi. In the end I managed to disarm the issue. I think

I juggled with my four 512 DDR2 RAM cards a bit. After a few minutes of this, my PC came back to life. :) It booted without any trouble, and so far I didn't get any Blue Screens.

it may very well have been the motherboard or the RAM for all I know. I reinserted every RAM card back into my motherboard but in a different order, one by one, and my PC didn't seem to mind. my computer seems to work for now. Very odd considering that same RAM couldn't get my PC to boot for anything in the world a few minutes ago

Rigel
2.00 GB RAM
Nvidia GT430 Video Card
NEC IDE DVD R-RW
Windows XP SP3

Postby Rigel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 17:28

Sorry i posted on the german board. Maybe a moderator can move it to the english part of the forum?

Return to “SCALEO”