How to setup LUNs

FibreCAT SX, FibreCAT NX, FibreCAT TX, ETERNUS DX, ETERNUS LT, ETERNUS CS

Moderator: ETERNUS Moderator Team

DCharlton
Product(s): Eternus DX80

How to setup LUNs

Postby DCharlton » Fri Dec 15, 2023 22:54

Hello. I was put in charge of an couple of old DX80's the task is to wipe them unfortunately before I got to them they configuration has been wiped while we found some screen shots. I am missing something(s) keeping from being able to see the drives on another system. since there is no built in wiping to the systems I will have to connect them to another machine and wipe them using other tools the problem is I can not get anything to see the drives/luns I have tried both D80's and got the same results. I was wondering if there is still a manual floating around on how to set up the disks so I can wipe them.

Thanks for any and all help
Derrick

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: How to setup LUNs

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Mon Dec 18, 2023 17:57

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Fujitsu.

We kindly inform you that as soon as the disks are not SED, there is no special disk sanitization function so the recommended option is to use third party tools for securely erasing data on the host level. If the disk is not recognized, this could be a problem of the old firmware on the machine.

PS: you can also reset the configuration to defaults (Initialize Mode in System section - Apply Configuration).

Kind regards,
Forum Support Team

DCharlton
Product(s): Eternus DX80

Re: How to setup LUNs

Postby DCharlton » Mon Dec 18, 2023 20:18

thank you I will try updating the firmware.

Return to “Storage solutions”