Fujitsu LTO-8 SAS Tape Drive, firmware update

FibreCAT SX, FibreCAT NX, FibreCAT TX, ETERNUS DX, ETERNUS LT, ETERNUS CS

Moderator: ETERNUS Moderator Team

roell.f
Product(s): primergy tx120 s3

Fujitsu LTO-8 SAS Tape Drive, firmware update

Postby roell.f » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:53

dear forum,

edit, 2023-08-07: this contribution is available in the languages english here and in german here.

my brand new tape drive "Fujitsu LTO-8 SAS Tape Drive" refuses to load a data cartridge
and indicates error code "3" (= firmware problem).

the tape drive is connected to the controller "LSI SAS3 MPT SAS3008", which is located in a server "Fujitsu TX1330 M5" that is running under "ESXi 7.0 U3".

i downloaded from https://support.ts.fujitsu.com the file "FTS_LTO8HHSASIBMDriveFirmwareP381_P381_1271298.ZIP", but this contains only one file "LTO8_P381.sas_hh.fmrz".

my questions are:

1. how can i find out which firmware version and release date is running currently on the tape drive?
    • iRMC does not list the controller under "System > Mass Storage > Storage Controllers".
    • BIOS lists the controller and the tape drive. but for the tape drive firmware version it indicates "KAH1". is that newer or older than "P381"?
    • there are the "HPE library and tape tools", but they don't support my controller and tape drive.
  2. which tools can i use to install the tape drive firmware, running under (with falling priority):
    1. iRMC
    2. BIOS
    3. debian (12) linux
    4. ESXi
    5. windows
  3. if the tool in question is not self-explanatory, where can i find instructions?
best regards
frank

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: Fujitsu LTO-8 SAS Tape Drive, firmware update

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:25

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Fujitsu Forum Support!
We kindly advise you to check the Fujitsu Support Page, as all the information you´re requiring can be found there, it´s possible to access the specific drivers for each system by entering the serial number:
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Index.as ... tComputing

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Support

Return to “Storage solutions”