Update firmware for RAID and HBA: D3307 and D3327

FibreCAT SX, FibreCAT NX, FibreCAT TX, ETERNUS DX, ETERNUS LT, ETERNUS CS

Moderator: ETERNUS Moderator Team

KimiBCN
Product(s): Fujistu PRAID CP400i

Update firmware for RAID and HBA: D3307 and D3327

Postby KimiBCN » Sun Mar 29, 2020 19:51

Hi there,

I have purchased a RAID controller and also an HBA.
I'm looking for the firmware on the fujitsu website but I can't find it.
I suspect that to find it you need to find a server that includes these components.

Can you tell me where on the Fujitsu website is the firmware? i don't want to use broadcom firmware. If IT mode firmware is available for HBA it would be great.

Fujistu PRAID CP400i - D3307-A13-GS1
Fujitsu PSAS CP400i - D3327-A13-GS1

Can I use LSA or MegaRAID Storage Manager to update the firmware of both controllers? or should I use sas3flash from broadcom?

Does anyone know if, in RAID mode, both controllers operate correctly with the LTFS system for tape drives? I have a Tandberg LTO-8 HH tape drive.

Thank you sirs! (and ladies :P)
Last edited by KimiBCN on Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Re: Update firmware for RAID and HBA: D3307 and D3327

Postby me@work » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:40

Hi,
with your thanks line at the end, you're excluding about half of the possibly helpful readers of your post :wink: ...

Anyway,
for downloads simply navigate to FTS's website, and enter the controller model name (e.g. "PSAS CP400i") into the search box at top right. This works for both models you mentioned. Plus, you'll find instructions for the different update options on these pages. Whether Broadcom's utilities will work somehow, is beyond my knowledge and experience.
The PSAS datasheet mentions a special LTO order code, but tape devices are normally unsupported in any RAID configuration.

KimiBCN

Postby KimiBCN » Mon Mar 30, 2020 13:13

hehe, I have edited my salutation for to be more inclusive :P

Thank you very much for your help! I was looking where it said "download", not where it said "search". I guess I was looking in the wrong place! :lol:

I don't understand about the "special LTO order code". Is it supposed to be a special PSAS card model? I have already purchased and installed my card. I can't return it :(

I understand that I must disable the RAID mode of the PSAS controller for LTO to work. But only firmware for IR mode appears on the download link. No firmware appears for to put the card into IT mode.

Is there a way to disable RAID function from PSAS card without introducing IT firmware?

Best regards

me@work

Postby me@work » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:11

Sorry for the late reply, but here it comes:

Well, it's strange sometimes :-)
When you search through their download pages (BTW: design seems to have changed from yesterday ;-)), select e.g. RX2540M5 with OS Win 2019, you'll find both "PSAS CP200i" and "PSAS CP200i for LTO", but they both appear to get the same firmware (identical filename and MD5 checksum). This *could* indicate the IT mode firmware, because for "PSAS CP200i" there's another firmware with "-IR-" in its name...

Configuring a server in their SystemArchitect, you'll find two types of PSAS CP200i:
S26361-F3842-E2 - PSAS CP400i
and
S26361-F3842-E3 - PSAS CP403i
with the annotation (sorry, in German, never tried to switch SysArc to English):

Code: Select all

- SAS/SATA Host Bus Adapter based on LSI MegaRAID SAS3008
- für interne SAS/SATA HDD und SSD
- kein Cache
- identische Controller HW zum PSAS CP400i
- IT FW-Stack, im Gegensatz zum PSAS CP400i keine RAID Funktionalität

mentioning the "IT FW stack" with no RAID functionality.

Perhaps "Ask Fujitsu" (apparently an FTS official account) can shine a brighter light on these uncertainties...

KimiBCN

Postby KimiBCN » Sun Apr 05, 2020 19:31

Thank you for the information!
I'm going to install it and test if it works well.

Do you have any idea how to contact the fujitsu technical service?

I have a registered account but when trying to add my two HBA and RAID cards it won't let me! if I put the serial number it won't let me add them. It's all very complicated hehe

me@work

Postby me@work » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:21

One way to contact support could be here, I assume.

And I doubt that it could be possible to register distinct spare parts like single controllers. The registration is probably for complete computer devices (PRIMERGY servers, notebooks, etc.) only.

Return to “Storage solutions”