DX200 S3, delete raid group in FTSP

FibreCAT SX, FibreCAT NX, FibreCAT TX, ETERNUS DX, ETERNUS LT, ETERNUS CS

Moderator: ETERNUS Moderator Team

bilias
Product(s): DX200 S3

DX200 S3, delete raid group in FTSP

Postby bilias » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:01

Hi,
I want to expand my LOW FTSP by adding more disks. The FTSP is consisted of one RAID6 raid group (6D+2P -> expand to 8D+2P)

I'd like to ask what will happen when I click delete in "RAID Group in Tier Pool"

- Will the data (FTV) be moved from this sub pool to other sub pools?
- Will I be able, after deletion, to recreate the raid group and add it (expand sub pool capacity) in the FTRP?

Too bad I cannot make this change (raid group expand) online... without data moving at all.

thanks

FSC830
Product(s): Pocket Loox T830

Re: DX200 S3, delete raid group in FTSP

Postby FSC830 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 15:17

If there is enough free capacity in remaining tierpool, the data is moved and a raid-group can be removed.
A raid layout in a thinpool or flexible tier pool can not be modified, this is by design.
A thinpool or a subpool in a tierpool can be expanded by adding a raidgroup with the same layout as the already existing raidgroup.
This means you have to choices:
1. Expand your pool with a raidgroup (8 disks are needed - 6D+2P).
2. Create a new tierpool with a raidgroup 8D+2P (10 disks needed) and move the data from old pool to new pool.
Both tasks can be done online!

Regards

martinas
Product(s): ESPRIMO

Postby martinas » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:03

First, if a LUN that you are planning to delete is getting used, backup the data on that LUN to somewhere else, and unmount the LUN from the server.
1. Remove LUNs from Storage Group mod apk game
Next, log in to Navisphere, Navigate to “Storage Groups”, select the storage group where the LUN that you are planning to delete is mounted -> Right mouse-click and select properties -> Click on the “LUN” tab, which will display the following window: showbox
From the “Selected LUNs” section, select the LUNs that you want to delete, and click on “Remove”. Please note that this will only remove the LUNs from this storage group. This really doesn’t delete the LUNs. In this example, we are planning to delete LUN 27, 28, and 29 (and also destroy the RAID group to which they belong to).
Last edited by martinas on Sat Mar 12, 2022 19:22, edited 2 times in total.

FSC830
Product(s): Pocket Loox T830

Postby FSC830 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 0:26

You do know the difference between a DX200 and a Fibrecat/Clariion?
Exactly: an ETERNUS DX does not use a Navisphere. :wink: .

By the way, your answer does not reflect any of the questions above.

Regards

Return to “Storage solutions”