DX 100 S3 in Operations Manager

FibreCAT SX, FibreCAT NX, FibreCAT TX, ETERNUS DX, ETERNUS LT, ETERNUS CS

Moderator: ETERNUS Moderator Team

deactivat0r
Product(s): Primergy TX & RX

DX 100 S3 in Operations Manager

Postby deactivat0r » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:46

We are monitoring our Systems with one centralized Operations Manager.
The Machines can be monitored trough different VPN Tunnels.

I have successfully set up all Remote Servers within the Operations Manager, but my DX100 S3 wont show up, i check Passwords, SNMP Communities, FirewallRules (the Machines are part of a FW-Group) but the SVOM ist not able to reach the eternus, even though the Packets are Arriving at the Machine itself. I can see that in the livelog of the firewall.

On the same remote Net i monitor 12 Servers and one more Eternus, she is fine so far.
SVOM is updated to the latest Version does anyone have any clue what can cause this Issue?

Greetings

elsie
Product(s): Servers, Networking

Re: DX 100 S3 in Operations Manager

Postby elsie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:09

If the SNMP packets are arriving at the DX but it is not responding, that would suggest the DX is ignoring the packets. Has the SNMP Manager been configured for the IP address of Operations Manager and enabled for the community string?

deactivat0r
Product(s): Primergy TX & RX

Re: DX 100 S3 in Operations Manager

Postby deactivat0r » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:15

I found the Error, everything was set up, but due to the fact that the SVOM is in a remote net, i forgot to add his ip to the "allowed IP" list.
I thought that as long there are no entrys, everything is allowed - but thats not correct obviously.

Appreciate your help, greetings

Return to “Storage solutions”