Nagios & DX80

FibreCAT SX, FibreCAT NX, FibreCAT TX, ETERNUS DX, ETERNUS LT, ETERNUS CS

Moderator: ETERNUS Moderator Team

FoxtrotOff
Product(s): Eternus DX80, Dx60

Nagios & DX80

Postby FoxtrotOff » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:10

Hi all

First post here but hopefully someone can help with the issue i am having.

We have had a nagios box monitoring our SAN's for quite a few years, unfortunately the nagios box we used suffered a failure and we had to replace it.

We have rebuilt the box and everything is now working great, however, i have reinstalled the nagios plugin fore the DX80 and regenerated the public/secret key for the SAN and installed it into the user accounts on the SAN.

Now, nagios is coming back with 290 : Internal error occurred.[ssh return code = 255] for every check against the DX80.

HOWEVER, running the check manually on the nagios box to the SAN works perfectly fine and returns the correct information i expect, i can SSH to the SAN as the nagios user without having to enter a password, however i am still getting error 290

I have a suspicion that this could be because the SAN is expecting a different host ssh key and because of that, its refusing details, but i am not too great with linux and such.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

FoxtrotOff
Product(s): Eternus DX80, Dx60

Re: Nagios & DX80

Postby FoxtrotOff » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:03

no reply in all this time.. wow..

can anyone help?

(I expect a Fujitsu rep to at least reply)

willemdh
Product(s): Eternus

Re: Nagios & DX80

Postby willemdh » Sun Jun 18, 2017 21:46

What Nagios plugin are you using? If it works in cli the issue is probably in Nagios. Please also pass the command you are using to check the dx.

Return to “Storage solutions”