DX60 problems

FibreCAT SX, FibreCAT NX, FibreCAT TX, ETERNUS DX, ETERNUS LT, ETERNUS CS

Moderator: ETERNUS Moderator Team

yang-wei
Product(s): eternus dx60

DX60 problems

Postby yang-wei » Thu Apr 09, 2015 14:12

hi, everyone, i have a questions about DX60.

this dx60 is moved from another company, with no disk, but the raid configuration is exist, so I want to delete them, when i log into web page, i can't delete volume and raid group, the choice box is gray, so i can't select any raid group or volume group to delete. I'm root user, but can't delete anything,
is this dx60 is bad?

anyone can help me ?

many thanks

Davie
Product(s): PRIMERGY, ServerView

Re: DX60 problems

Postby Davie » Thu Apr 09, 2015 14:16

It may be that it won't let you delete them if the disks don't physically exist any more but usually when deleting things you have to delete in reverse order - ie RAID groups can't be deleted if volumes exist; volumes can't be deleted if they are in affinity groups .. so first of all remove affinity groups etc, then volumes, then finally RAID groups.

yang-wei
Product(s): eternus dx60

Postby yang-wei » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:37

Davie, thanks to you.

the dx60 maybe can't delete raid configuration if the disk is not exist. I need an official reply of it.

I use "restore" or "factory restore", it's also fail, maybe a problem of this storage ?

I want to upgrade firmware, but can not find the firmware of dx60 in fujitsu web site, where is it?

dustynet
Product(s): DX

Postby dustynet » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59

Hi,

I also have the same issue. A DX60/80 SAN with all disks removed. Im now unable to remove the config relating to the volume / disk group which is preventing me from re-provisioning this unit with new disks.

Can anyone advise of a way to force-remove the volume?

Any suggestions gratefully accepted!

Roclemir
Product(s): Eternus DX60 S2
Primergy RX300 S7

Postby Roclemir » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:14

Hi,

I realise this is 4 years on since this question was raised, however now I find myself in the same position.

A RAID5 group is setup for the first four slots and the original disks are gone. I purchased this second hand for a SOHO and I cannot use the first four slots because of this raid 5 group.
I cannot delete the RAID5 because there is a volume attached. I cannot delete the volume - unsure why but I do not see anything to delete in the affinity section, none of the other listed reasons make sense.
Has anyone found a solution to this?

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:18

Hello :)

Please provide a log file exported from the affected storage system so we can check the configuration and advise on the further steps. You can share it with the user forum <user.forum@ts.fujitsu.com>.

Best regards,
Fujitsu Support Forum

Return to “Storage solutions”