Connected but applications 'Cannot connect'

Pocket LOOX

Moderator: ModTeam

RogerK
Product(s): Pocket LOOX N520

Connected but applications 'Cannot connect'

Postby RogerK » Sat Nov 14, 2009 22:18

I am connected using E2C to the wireless LAN, the router interface confirms the IP address and active status of the device on the network. E2C shows 'connected' but when I open an app. such as Explorer an error message says 'Cannot connect with current connection settings'.

It offers a way to edit those settings: 'To change, tap Settings'. But this is a blind alley, and goes to dial-up settings. I attempted to use the Virtual Private Network option to give my ISP user and password, but that was futile.

What has to be changed?

RogerK

Re: Connected but applications 'Cannot connect'

Postby RogerK » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:48

After hours of tinkering and a bit of luck this is fixed.

The network security key is entered in Connectmobility E2C, but although sometimes opening it seems to be needed, I do not connect to the network with this app.

Instead the NE2000 Compatible Ethernet Driver found in System>Connections>Network Cards is selected.

The essential prerequisite is to turn on Wireless using the small icon at the bottom right of the Start screen, and if necessary turn Flight mode (top of screen) off and on until its icon livens up indicating connection success.

Pete05
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens n560

Postby Pete05 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 22:17

Try this also, perhaps? Turn off In Flight mode by tapping the Connectivity button on the top right of the screen to the left of the sound button. Then turn on Wireless mode by tapping the Globe to the left of the Bluetooth button on the bottom right of the screen. You will see the Connectivirty icon chage to show it is connecting. After a few momments you will be able to use Explorer and Outlook WITHOUT HAVING TO USE CONNECTMOBILITY E2C.
Also, I was able to pair my mobile phone to the PDA and then use E2C to connect using Bluetooth to enable me to use Explorer and OUtlook over the 3G network but this COSTS on my tarrif.
Hope this might help you.

RogerK

Postby RogerK » Wed Jan 13, 2010 13:43

Hm, in the first part you simply repeat the findings in my post of 1 Jan. But I am interested in the second thing, because I have tried and failed to establish a connection via USB to my GPRS phone.

The phone can connect to the internet, and on the PDA I entered all the settings on a new connection under Windows Mobile 5 including a special modem character string. It failed, and a long call to my ISP's technical support did not come up with a solution. But you have prompted me to try using E2C in this case.

On E2C I set up a new GPRS/GSM destination, connect the phone via USB, then try, and fail, to connect from within E2C. Unfortunately the LOOX N520 does not have Bluetooth. I suspect the USB connectivity is defective.

Return to “Handhelds (PDA)”