[T830] Prototype?

Pocket LOOX

Moderator: ModTeam

apraxisz
Product(s): T830

[T830] Prototype?

Postby apraxisz » Sun Mar 22, 2009 15:27

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a curio T830 I've recently bought to play with. It came with a non standard WM5 firmware. There was no boot splash (booted with just a blue screen) showing a version number of 0.0707 (sticker on PCB says UPU2 0.0303.1409, on another sticker: try604.) if I remember these correctly. Aside from no boot splash the key combinations were also different, I had to push the "Tape" button, not the photo button to get into USB download or SD download modes. I also never got the "New USB Download" string just "USB Download" (and no version numbers shown). Now this wouldn't really be a problem, but I never backed up the original OS image(stupid, stupid). And after I SD flashed it with the MDOC.DIO from the last official FSC firmware most of it's features died completely. The following stopped working: SD, WLAN, Phone, Bluetooth, Cameras, GPS (though the latter didn't work in the custom rom either). So now I'm essentially stuck with a PDA that doesn't even handle SD cards. Other symptoms after flashing: missing CPS.exe error at startup, sporadic errors about a missing Tskschedule.exe, display gets garbled (flashing lines) after backlight turns off, Clean boot from bootloader no longer has any effect, and other glitches.

So I was wondering if anyone had any info on this device. I suspect it's some pre-release model? I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has a similar device I'd be grateful if we could get in touch to back up the OS image from that, so I can restore mine. I'm prepared to offer symbolic monetary compensation :)

Return to “Handhelds (PDA)”