[N560] Wi Fi companion

Pocket LOOX

Moderator: ModTeam

royshopland
Product(s): Amilo - EL 6800

[N560] Wi Fi companion

Postby royshopland » Fri Feb 27, 2009 22:49

I have recently had to do a hard restart on my N560 and reload Wifi companion. When I switch on the wireless it recognises my Belkin router but I am unable to establish a connection with the internet. I have WEP encryption on my router but it does not seem to offer the opportunity to instal the appropriate code. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Do I have to load the Ipp address - if so where? Any help would be appreciated.

Islandxp

Re: N560 Wi Fi companion

Postby Islandxp » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:32

Hi royshopland

there were many issues with connection difficulties and the German sister forum was full of that.
In general most of the problems have to do with unlucky E2C proggie which is part of the Rom.
Once activated, this program is always in the way - although the N560 can even work with it, but it's more difficult.
I have been using the WIFI Companion but took it out eventually.

What did I do? and how do I use my N560 without problems?

After Factory reset I took out the E2C as good as possible, took it out of the selectable programs, and took out the shortcuts in the button settings.

I used the WM5 settings to access my WEP secured AP. no problem anymore. If you really wish to use the Wifi companion I would suggest to :

make a factory reset
take out the E2C (windows>>Start Menu>>E2C)
Settings>>Buttons (have none of the buttons associated with E2C) (change to none)
Reload Wifi companion
enter Network name and WEP

hope this helps, I'm using my Loox N560 daily, using WEP but also WPA, I have flashed my Rom to WM6.0

best wishes from Australia

Dietrich

royshopland

Postby royshopland » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:38

Hi Dietrich

Many thanks for responding

The WiFi companion worked well beforte I did a hard reset and had to reload. I have removed EC2 from all buttons but I cannot see how to remove the prog altogether. I have reloaded WiFi companion but the problem persists. It shows my network (Belkin) available and when I click on it it opens a box "get connected". This takes me to a screen showing "Network adapters" which lists 9 options. I have tried clicking on each one but none seems to establish a connection. If I go into tools on the WiFi screen and choose IP adresses it shows some info regarding leases (which appear to have expired) but not assigned in all the IP address etc.
Do you have any further thoughts? I see you are using WM5 to access your WEP and secured AP - can you tell me how to set this up?

Many thanks

Roy

Islandxp

Postby Islandxp » Tue Mar 03, 2009 13:04

Hello Roy,

it's to bad, but I'm not really certain of what I did at my WM5 times, it is about 9 month that I used the original WM5 Rom.
On my WM6.0 things are quite different.

All I recall is this:

I went to Settings>>Connection and then to something like Wifi? or make new connection? Where I could enter the Network name and details of a connection such as the WEP code and automatic IP assignment.

Once the connection was established I had to reconnect by using that little ball at the lower right side of the display. It worked OK.

Sorry being so unspecific, but I do remember that setting it up was not all that difficult provided E2C has never been activated. :)

Good luck

Dietrich

royshopland

Re: [N560] Wi Fi companion

Postby royshopland » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:24

Hi Dietrich

Thanks for your further thoughts. I am in the same position as I cannot remember how I installed WiFi Companion originally. It worked well until I did a hard reset!! I have still not cracked it - I wonder whether anyone else has experience of this software? Unfortunately the vendors no longer provide any support!!+

Return to “Handhelds (PDA)”