[N560] GPS firmware update and QuickGPS available

Pocket LOOX

Moderator: ModTeam

lazik

[N560] GPS firmware update and QuickGPS available

Postby lazik » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:32

GPS firmware update and QuickGPS available
FSC released GPS firmware update for N560.
GPS Instant Fix 1.0.1015918
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com.pl/su...downloads.html

First fix: 25 sec
Second fix: 8 sec
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

drfie

Postby drfie » Fri Sep 14, 2007 20:13

What worries me is that it seems that the downloaded data are not used at all (not uploaded into GPS). In Ozi explorer or iGo you can see satellites in red when GPS knows their positions (even though it sees no signal from them) they are not shown when the GPS does not know the positions (e.g. after a cold start). The important thing is: When you do a cold start and download the data in QuickGPS the satellites do not appear.

So it seems that QuickGPS is only a stupid GUI that downloads data to PDA and hangs in the system as a service but does not do anything useful - does not upload the data from PDA to GPS.

I am looking forward to be proved wrong.

shimrob

how to check

Postby shimrob » Tue Sep 18, 2007 22:54

I installed the gps fix. How can I be sure that it was successful?
Is there a way of knowing if it was installed? Once it it installed is it forever? Even if I do a ROM upgrade?

Thank you

S.

dannye

Postby dannye » Fri Sep 21, 2007 17:46

I have installed the GPSFIX and i have problems with my IGO.

how can I uninstall it?

Do I have to make a factory reset?

Thanks.

jgallego

A disaster.

Postby jgallego » Mon Sep 24, 2007 18:38

After instalation, TomTom 6 (6.02, 6.03, or 6.2) and GPSlocator they do not work absolutely.

I have done a hard reset without results.

Nevertheless, programs like winfast navigator or gps wiev, they connect (com4/57600) without difficulty.

Any idea?

reginaliya
Product(s): NO

Re: [N560] GPS firmware update and QuickGPS available

Postby reginaliya » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:33

I would like to make a gps based location tracker system.Would it work in India? I am going to make an avr based tracker system whose location will be displayed on my gps mobile(n 82).But only a few cities here have GPS navigation facility.Is the system viable in my city which doesnt have GPS facility?Which types of other location trackers can I make?

Return to “Handhelds (PDA)”