[N560] Playing music over WLAN

Pocket LOOX

Moderator: ModTeam

sjdigital

[N560] Playing music over WLAN

Postby sjdigital » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:30

I have my iTunes music store on a NAS box on my home network and I want to be able to use my N560 to access it and allow me to select artist or album to play. (I have an Acoustic-Energy Internet Radio and Media Player that can do this so the music library tagging works OK)

In standard configuration I can't see the NAS but by installing VmNET I am able to see the NAS on the network and access the tracks but neither Windows Media Player nor Real Player will play them. They are standard unprotected mp3s so there shouldn't be any problem and if I copy a track to my N560 it will play there OK.

Is there a music player that I can use that will be able to read the mp3 tags and present my music by artist or by album and then play it?

sjdigital

Postby sjdigital » Tue Aug 21, 2007 20:53

OK, I've made some progress, but not enough!

Using VmNET to map my NAS box as a network drive I'm able to build a Windows Media Player library from my iTunes music store on my NAS box. When I start Media Player and go to Library I can select either artist or album and everything seems to be present and correct, i.e all 3,500 tracks organised by artist and by album. But when I actually try to play the music I get an error message saying 'Cannot play any items in the playlist' and suggesting more information can be obtained from the error details in the Now Playing screen. On doing this I am simply told 'The parameter is incorrect'!

So what to do? The music is in standard mp3 files, no DRM or any of that nonense so why won't they play?

All suggestions gratefully received!

Return to “Handhelds (PDA)”