Pocket Loox charger - Why don't charge

Pocket LOOX

Moderator: ModTeam

aszaki

Pocket Loox charger - Why don't charge

Postby aszaki » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:02

I have loox 718. I bought a usb charger and 2 (two) new accumulators. The worked well when the accumulator was discharged from 100% to more than 20%. However once I forgot to charge the accumulator in time and later when I started to charge it, it did not charged (did nothing when I put into the usb charger) and the pda was not operated anymore. Then I bought the new accumulator and the same happened again and I cannot use now my pda.

Is it a feature or the fault of the pda?

mjcoon

Postby mjcoon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 16:52

Maybe a well-discharged battery takes too much current for a USB supply (which is strictly limited) and thus it refuses to charge at all. Try a proper charger (mains or 12V).

Mike.

Mira80
Product(s): E8410

Re: Pocket Loox charger - Why don't charge

Postby Mira80 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 19:28

I think, thats not a bug, its a feature. I have the same, when I have totaly discharged battery it is impossible to start and charge PDA from USB cable. I think its because charing from USB is controlled by OS and without running OS charge circuit cannt start. Charging from AC Adapter is controled only by hardware circuit, co it can start with OFF PDA

mjcoon

Re: Pocket Loox charger - Why don't charge

Postby mjcoon » Thu Nov 25, 2010 21:02

Mira80 wrote:I think, thats not a bug, its a feature...

You might think that no-one is listening after nearly three years, but I'm still here. And almost interested in the reply!

Mike.

Return to “Handhelds (PDA)”