[N560, N520, C500] WLAN fix for the Pocket

Pocket LOOX

Moderator: ModTeam

FSCModTeam

[N560, N520, C500] WLAN fix for the Pocket

Postby FSCModTeam » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:12

Users alerted us to a WLAN issue with the Pocket LOOX N560, N520 and C500. Fujitsu Siemens Computers has found a solution together with our supplier as well as technical support to fix the WLAN Channel problem.

The issue is caused by the following:
There is an old regulatory limitation in some countries in terms of using WLAN. Some devices, including the Pocket LOOX N560, N520 and C500, use specific WLAN components which are programmed for these regulatory limitations:
- Spain WLAN channel #10 and #11
- France WLAN channel #10, #11, #12 and #13

We have notified the Spanish and French authorities for the complete 2.4 GHz radio frequency range, without a rejection from the authorities. We have been able to modify our production to accommodate in future devices, but some devices will require a utility that we can provide for our end customers as a donwloadable tool from the FSC web site at the following link: http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/support/downloads.html

The tool will be available online next Monday, July 10 for end customer download. Tthe tool itself is available only in english.

PatrikJonsson

Great!

Postby PatrikJonsson » Fri Jul 07, 2006 15:20

Now can you please fix the GPS problem with N560? :)

texplorer

not true

Postby texplorer » Sun Jul 30, 2006 16:21

Why not test it yourself to see if the download works for N560/520?
Nothing was displayed after you choose you model of the PDA from the list.

texplorer

We make sure?

Postby texplorer » Sun Jul 30, 2006 16:25

"We make sure"? Are you kidding me?

Birgit
Product(s): Amilo Mini , LIFEBOOK P7230, ESPRIMO Mobile X9526, CELSIUS H230, SCENICVIEW P22

Postby Birgit » Sun Jul 30, 2006 22:58

Is Javascript enabled for your browser?

masteRremindeR

Re:

Postby masteRremindeR » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:49

texplorer wrote:Why not test it yourself to see if the download works for N560/520?
Nothing was displayed after you choose you model of the PDA from the list.

hi texplorer, if you dont find a download for "your" model on the downloadsite, click on "Select a new Product "link and choose your right thing.
if you bevor loocking for a device eg. loox720 and later you search a download for n560, you "must" "Select a new Product".

Birgit wrote:Is Javascript enabled for your browser?

is this a answer of a "Mod" :?: :?: :?:
i expected a little bit more :cry:

(ne, mal ehrlich: von nem mod hätte ich etwas mehr erwartet. richtig, nicht alle user sind speziallisten
und da kann man von nem mod doch wenigstens erwarten, dass er seine antwort auch begründet,
damit andere leser auch wissen, warum er gerade so geantwortet hat.
nimms bitte nicht persönlich "Birgit".)
Pubertät ist wenn Eltern anfangen schwierig zu werden...
Frage an FuSi: \"Wie gross darf max. die sd-card beim N5XX sein???\"
Antwort:\"32mm * 24mm * 2mm.\" :mrgreen:

texplorer

Thanks for caring

Postby texplorer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:16

Finally, thanks for hints from you guys. After disabling the firewall, I get the file.
Right, you better make sure

mbjr

Postby mbjr » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:35

Isn't this download page a bit overengineered?

Can you tell me a good enough reason why a port 80 communication isn't fair enouth to download a fix? :D

Thanks,
MBJr. :-)

dtorrent

click twice to activate wifi

Postby dtorrent » Thu Oct 26, 2006 21:03

Hi

I suppose you know this problem but with the lastest upgrade of loox n520 I have to click twice at the little ball at today screen to activate wifi.

More info P22452-P919-V215

When we will have an upgrade to correct this problem?

Thanks

David

Teokap

Postby Teokap » Mon Nov 27, 2006 16:31

Hallo all,

Before 10 days, I bought a new N-560 and my only problem theese days was to connect the pda to my wireless acces point. :roll:

The a/p had no encryption and the pda catched the wireless lan but cannot connected. :roll:

I put many program demos to help me connect and collect informations about my lan, unfortunately without response... :cry:

I was readen the forum issues and made hard reset, but nothing happeneds. :(

Then, one friend of mine, who is computers administrator in a big company, asked me if my a/p filters the Mac addresses. I open the a/p interface through IE (Not the software of a/p) and saw an option about filtering Mac adresses. :idea:

When I unchecked the option, all was O.K. :lol:

After connecting, I was afraid about my lan security and I opened again the a/p interface and checked again the option about filtering, But I put the Mac address of N-560 in the boxes below. After restarting, everything is O.K. again. :D

Dont forget to restart both your devices... the pda and the a/p 8)

Teo

esso2007

Postby esso2007 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 15:13

I have the same problem as you on some routers and on others iti works.I cheked one of the routers that didnt work and iti didnt have enabeld mac filter.
I don't know what else might be wrong..

BlueDave5374

Postby BlueDave5374 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 0:26

I have the same problem. With Netgear and Belkin ADSL Router modems I am unable to connect to the router with WEP or hidden SSID.

I can connect to the router reliably with MAC access on or off but not to the interenet. Once or twice I got connected long enough to download a page from a couple of sites but have been unable to reproduce it. The message 'unable to connect with these settings' does not give any useful suggestions as to what should be done and you can spend many unhappy hours trying all the alternatives.

In both the english and German Forums people have been havig these problems for a year, it seems, and there is no response from FSC. There really should be fixes readily available or else the product not sold as being able to connect to the internet. :cry:
DaveB

LBG

Postby LBG » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:34

Why we can't update our E2C version (registered) to CONNECTMOBILITY-E2C Prof. N - C Serie 3.0.4?

BlueDave5374

Re:

Postby BlueDave5374 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 17:01

LBG wrote:Why we can't update our E2C version (registered) to CONNECTMOBILITY-E2C Prof. N - C Serie 3.0.4?

I have v3.04.06102 (Build:1134) - which I believe is the latest ?
- but I still have only 1 in 100 chance of connecting to the Internet.

The other part of the problem is that the FSC software site, Pocket Loox, 'Technical support';
http://support.fujitsu-siemens.de/PDA/P ... art_GB.htm
- has 'Page cannot be found' - for at least 2 months.
DaveB

Chapaev

Postby Chapaev » Wed Mar 07, 2007 18:53

A good support. :( But half-perfect PDA. :)

Return to “Handhelds (PDA)”