Controller SAS

PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

gmk79
Product(s): Fujitsu Primergy TX1320 M3

Controller SAS

Postby gmk79 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:14

Good morning, I'm a new user of the forum (I registered last December 20th),
and first of all I wish everyone a happy year 2024.
Kindly, I wanted to ask:
I have a Fujitsu TX1320 M3 server, with 2 backplanes with 4 slots each, the first is connected to the mainboard, so
for 4 SATA disks, on the second I wanted to insert SAS disks,
(I have several available and a Praid CP400i controller),
so as to insert them hot and remove them hot, and be able to use them in any position of the 4 slots, I don't care about the raid, which controller to use and how to configure it?
I thank you infinitely for your interest and I wish you a good life, Giuseppe - gmk7906@gmail.com

gmk79

Re: Controller SAS

Postby gmk79 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:36

Kindly, I ask if there is anyone who can help me, Waiting I thank and say goodbye. Giuseppe

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Thu Jan 11, 2024 16:17

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Fujitsu!

The list of RAID Controllers you can find here (under Controller Card - SAS RAID int section):
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 410E717E14

In all cases, connecting Hot Plug (Hot Swap) SAS HDD drivers released for that server, you can insert or remove them when server is on - this is rather recommended...
Please note that to make them "visible" by OS you have to set RAID - none of our RAID controller support jbod. You can set RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 on most of our RAID controllers and, In case of one HDDs you also have to set RAID 0 for this HDD (or for each HDDs if you install more):
In case of 1 HDD --> Set RAID 0 for this HDD
In case of >1 HDD and you don't want them in one RAID --> RAID 0 for each HDD
In case of >1 HDD --> You can set RAID 0,1,5,6,10 for the group of HDDs. In that case R0 is rather not recommended but possible.

Please note that we do guaranty proper work of server in case of using devices released for particular server. In that case, please contact with your local reseller.
We hope we have answered your question. If not, please contact Fujitsu's service desk.

Have a good day!
Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Support

gmk79

Postby gmk79 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 15:06

Hello, I tried with the Praid CP400i to put raid0, but I should do it for each HDD that I insert, that is, every time I insert a disc, restart the server, enter the configuration and set raid0, which is not very practical, it also recognizes the position in which the HDD is inserted in the backplane, and I cannot move it, because it doesn't recognize it anymore,
While, as mentioned, I would need to see and use any hot HDD inserted in any position of the Bakplane,
Should I configure the Praid CP400i differently?
Or buy the PSAS CP400I, which could solve my problem?
Are the differences between the 2 PSAS and Praid CP400i controllers?
Thank you again for your patience and kindness and I wish good life, Giuseppe - gmk7906@gmail.com

Invia commenti
Riquadri laterali
Cronologia
Salvate
Contribuisci

Return to “Server Products”