TX-1320 M4 with CP400i and failed disk

PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

Navion
Product(s): Primergy TX1320 M4

TX-1320 M4 with CP400i and failed disk

Postby Navion » Tue Jan 03, 2023 18:14

Hi, according to the RAID manager software on this unit, one of the two Seagate SATA disks is either dead or dying. The software helpfully says it's Disk0, but the cables just say P1 and P2. No indicator on the disks of course.
Presuming P1 is Disk0, I shut the unit down, replaced the suspect drive with a new WD Red 2 TB and tried to restart. Nope. System hang at boot.
Tried changing the other drive after replacing the first drive, same thing.
Is there a specific procedure for changing the failed RAID1 disk and initiating a rebuild? Simply replacing the drives doesn't seem to work.
Thanks.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: TX-1320 M4 with CP400i and failed disk

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed Jan 04, 2023 13:05

Hello :)

Thank you for your post on the Official Fujitsu Forum!
We would like to inform you, that described issue requires deeper analysis and hence it might be necessary to provide logs, journals, reports and/or any other additional information which are necessary in troubleshooting process. Please bear in mind, that Official Fujitsu Forum is public and nothing that contains confidential information cannot be post on it. Due to this, please submit a ticket to Fujitsu's Technical Support via one of given options:

1. Using contact form available on the site: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexContact.asp?lng=COM tab "Contact us").

2. Contacting one of our ServiceDesk Office in your country. Please visit https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexContact.asp?lng=COM and click "Your Service Desk" tab.
You can find contacts to each Fujitsu's Technical Support divisions on the world there.

3. Sending an email to address: technical.support@ts.fujitsu.com. Message sent should contains below information:
- Product ID or serial number of your device
- Operating system on the device
- Description of failure
- Changes of Hardware or Software configuration before malfunction of the system

Primergy Technical Support Team
Fujitsu Technical Support pages from Fujitsu EMEA
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexContact.asp?lng=COM

Kind regards
Forum Support Team

Navion
Product(s): Primergy TX1320 M4

Re: TX-1320 M4 with CP400i and failed disk

Postby Navion » Tue Jan 24, 2023 21:53

This response is uninformative, massively unhelpful and REALLY disappointing considering what we paid for this server. The fact that you bailed out of Canada leaving purchasers in the lurch is bad enough, but to post this kind of crap as a reasoned response to a real problem is unconscionable.

I have two Fujitsu servers left out in client facilities...I will be looking to replace them with Lenovo units as quickly as possible.
Look for this unit to be on EBay VERY soon.

Return to “Server Products”