Systemboard warning after update (Primergy TX100 S3p)

PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

Ikkeleo
Product(s): PRIMERGY TX100 S3p
PRIMERGY TX1310 M3

Systemboard warning after update (Primergy TX100 S3p)

Postby Ikkeleo » Fri Nov 18, 2022 15:51

Hello,

After updating software I got a warning concerning the PCIE slots on my server 2012 system. I include the shots I took from ServerView system monitor in the attachments.

Installed software components.png
Installed software components.png (30.07 KiB) Viewed 2432 times

Systemboard warning PCIE slots.png
Systemboard warning PCIE slots.png (8.68 KiB) Viewed 2432 times

Warning system board.png
Warning system board.png (20.93 KiB) Viewed 2432 times

Some help of how to resolve this is very much appreciated :) .

Thanks in advance and have a great day,
Leo

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: Systemboard warning after update (Primergy TX100 S3p)

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Mon Nov 28, 2022 17:29

Hello! Thank you for contacting Fujitsu!

We checked the provided logs from you and I found issue:

Slot 1 1912 1912 0015 0015 Renesas Electronics Renesas Electronics USB3.0 PCIe x1 adapter card
PCI Slots: Status: 2 (warning)
As you can see the problem is caused 3rd party hardware inserted into the server: Renesas Electronics USB3.0 PCIe x1 adapter
To solve the problem, please remove this device from the server, or you can use it but the errors will appear in the logs.
Everything else looks ok on the server by the logs.

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Support

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: Systemboard warning after update (Primergy TX100 S3p)

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Thu Jan 05, 2023 18:34

Hello!

We checked the provided logs from you and I found issue:

Slot 1 1912 1912 0015 0015 Renesas Electronics Renesas Electronics USB3.0 PCIe x1 adapter card
PCI Slots: Status: 2 (warning)
As you can see the problem is caused 3rd party hardware inserted into the server: Renesas Electronics USB3.0 PCIe x1 adapter
To solve the problem, please remove this device from the server, or you can use it but the errors will appear in the logs.
Everything else looks ok on the server by the logs.

Please try manually updating the SV Update Agent and SV RAID Manager tool to the latest versions.
and check then if anything will change.
If you will not able to install SV Update Agent, please uninstall the old version, reboot the server, and then install a new version.
When these warnings appeared in iRMC console? Did you change anything on the server or added some new cards?

ServerView - Update Agent (ASP for Windows) Version (Build/Date) 10.01.01 - 1.0.1 (22/09/2022):
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... DEBAE87F02

ServerView RAID Manager (Windows, 64-bit) Version (Build/Date) 7.12.0 (19/07/2022):
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... CE8B11429D

Now I see that your server doesn't have SV Agents 10.20.04 on the supported list, please uninstall and install the latest SV Agents from the supported list for this server (ver.9.20). Therefore you got most likely an SV Agent warning in iRMC console. This version that you have installed is not supported for such an old server model. Reboot will be required after uninstalling the new version.
I will be waiting on your reply.

ServerView - Agent (ASP for Windows) Version (Build/Date) 9.20.08 - 1.0.0 (04/12/2019)
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 49BFCDCAB9

This is possible but not supported, because the RAID controller in the TX1310M3 is an Intel software solution and has limited functionality.
You can try moving the raid1 from the old server to the new one and load RAID1 without initialization, but I recommend you first perform backup data before moving the RAID from the old server.
All operations on the RAID and disks you can do in the SV RAID Manager tool on the new server.
This tool is available on the SVIM DVD in the maintenance tab., and also after installing the OS via the SVIM DVD tool. (ServerView Installation DVD)

Fujitsu Forum Support

ServerView RAID Manager User manual Version (Build/Date) 2015 - June (16/11/2015):
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... FEF3AD37EC

Return to “Server Products”